Does Sunder Apply To Abilities That Deal Physical Damage

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NightKidz

02-17-2010

Couldn't find it and not willing to look through the bazillion threads either so I hope no one minds me asking this.

Title question, yes/no?

Fbsunny

02-17-2010

For future reference there is a search function, which is there so you don't have to look through a bizillion threads.

And yes armor pen/ armor reduction works for abilities that deal physical damage.

Edit: Note that other then Parrrley most physical damage abilites will not proc on hit effects, so unless you Auto-attack your enemies armor would not be lowered by Black Cleaver.

NightKidz

02-17-2010

Ah, rats. Knew there was something I missed. Well, even after searching "Sunder" now doesn't give much except for builds that include taking Sunder.

Erm, you mentioned armor pen/reduction works for abilities and that I know. What I don't is whether the offensive mastery talent Sunder works on abilities or not. Cause according to the description, it says physical ATTACK, and I take that to mean the effect only applies on autoattacks.

Thanks for the tip on Parley though!

Fbsunny

02-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightKidz View Post
Ah, rats. Knew there was something I missed. Well, even after searching "Sunder" now doesn't give much except for builds that include taking Sunder.

Erm, you mentioned armor pen/reduction works for abilities and that I know. What I don't is whether the offensive mastery talent Sunder works on abilities or not. Cause according to the description, it says physical ATTACK, and I interpret that to mean the effect only applies on autoattacks.

Thanks for the tip on Parley though!
I misunderstood your post, probably because I just don't pay attention to the name of the masteries so much as what they do.

Sunder works just like any other armor pen, so it also works on physical abilities.

NightKidz

02-17-2010

I see ... they really should've just said "Grants 2/4/6 armor penetration" then.

Thanks again!