A Guide to Resolving Patcher/Launcher Issues

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2011

Very glad to help, I'm glad you found the instructions easy :-) I know it's a massive wall of text, but unfortunately it's the only way I could do it =-(

Madao

01-15-2011

Wow apparently I had some files last modified in 2009. Hope this fixes the intermittent corrupt text, and the freeze on exit.

Eambo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2011

lshikei, if you've had the game since 2009 there's a chance of some files not being modified ever. For example they may be core files that Riot have never needed to change. If there is any issues with your game files however, this folder will sort it, as it's been tested numerous times as working :-)

CalmThuhWolf

01-17-2011

I have to hand it to you, this process really works.
I've had a real hard time with my brother's PC, getting it to work and play LOL.
It was stuck downloading a patch at 0.06MB left as well as gave errors here and there.

I followed your steps and it works completely.
Now my little 11 year old brother can enjoy some LOL with me :-)

Many thanks my fellow LOL friend.

Eambo

01-17-2011

Glad to help, Calm :-)

JupitersKy

01-18-2011

I can't seem to connect to the ftp server today, was it taken down or are there just too many users?

JupitersKy

01-18-2011

ops double post

Eambo

01-18-2011

Probably too many users to be honest, it's still there! Note however that the files have been uploaded, but not fully tested (due to ingame being slightly dead). It may take a few minutes to replicate on your end, there should be a League of Legends and League of Legends.OLD folder. Guess which one is the new one? :-)

Due to this, I advise you test the game using custom games if/when you patch using my files, incase any files are corrupted. As always, Make a backup of your files first! I take no responsibility for any losses, leaves, or crashes you experience.

redluigi11

01-18-2011

nice job man

Eambo

01-18-2011

I'm happy enough to call this one tested, just had a 5v5 bot game with Renekton and it seems fine. If anyone has any weird issues let me know! :-)