Minimap and ping

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SeVIIen

Adjudicator

08-11-2009

I think the option to rearrange the HUD by moving HUD elements is pretty necessary. I noticed that the minimap being on the right side by default instead on the left side greatly reduces my map awarness.

Also, when someone pings the minimap I have a hard time to visually locate the ping on the map. A tiny yellow exclamation mark on a light/yellow background isn't exactly the easiest thing to get your attention.

abydos

08-11-2009

I agree, the minimap being on the left side is extremely uncomfortable, imo.

BrainStein

08-12-2009

that is, imo, only an habit... the longer u play the more acustumed u'll get so i don't think that's really a problem...

i do, indeed, think the map pings should be changed.. that is some tough choice of colors for players :x

Reaper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2009

where would you prefer map placement to be?

Kaitor

08-12-2009

The ping is a problem indeed, but the map placement is absolutelly fine IMO... it's not because some ppl where used to dota interface that the game need to be a copycat of that intarface. Just get used to it like BrainStain said.

SeVIIen

Adjudicator

08-12-2009

I know it is because of the habit. But how long do you think it would take to change a habit formed in 2-3 years? Another 2-3 years?

Moving the minimap/and other interface parts does no harm to anyone. Every person has his habits, and LoL suiting the needs of individual persons would be a big plus. The "play like this beacause we say so" is the worst option.

Fibus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-12-2009

I would love to see options to drag chunks of the UI (minimap, target bar, teammate health/status, items, champion status, etc.) around on the screen and place them where I felt comfortable. I don't think we will get it before launch as I'm sure Riot has tons of other "high priority" things to work on, but hopefully after release we can get this to happen.