Rammus Taunt should debuff MR

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pinith

01-04-2010

Rammus is one of my favorite tanks to play, but his main method of dealing damage to the enemy is usually taunting them and using either damage auras or damage reflection.

Because most of his damage to taunted champions is magical (defensive ball curl, tremors, sunfire cape, thornmail), it would make sense if taunt debuffed magic resist.

Because taunt is getting bug-fixed/nerfed in the next patch (can now cleanse), and Rammus is still suffering from the global armor nerf, allowing taunt to also debuff MR would help offset the recent nerfs and keep him viable as a tank.

I'd even be ok if the amount of armor debuffed was reduced slightly, so long as MR is also debuffed during the taunt.

Piranha Petunia

01-04-2010

I wouldn't bother fixing this until his base stats become more tanky than Sivir's.

Not to say that your suggestion isn't important, it's just that as a tank, Rammus is far worse in the stats category than he is in the abilities category.

Pinith

01-04-2010

I don't get it. Leaguecraft shows him having ~200 more hit points and a bunch more armor than Sivir at level 18.

Compared to other tanks, he is pretty even with Taric and Mundo; is tougher than Amumu; and less tough than than Alistar and Kayle.

I haven't felt really outclassed in base stats at all, but maybe this is different at higher Elo ranges.

Piranha Petunia

01-04-2010

200 health is what? 1/4 of a second against Yi?

The armor at level 18 of Sivir (71.25) and Rammus (89.4) is negligible. It says that Rammus has more effective health cause of armor, but with little to no further damage reduction for abilities (DBC is mostly used for the damage return and not so much for the armor gained by 18, at least in my experience).

Now let's compare him to a char that is always a tank, just like Rammus is in 99% of the games played ('cause you know some people out there are spec'ing DPS and think it works). I'll choose Alistar, and becuase Rammus is more of a resist champion, we will go with effective health.

Alistar has more effective health in armor AND magic categories. Alistar beats out the champion that is supposedly the king of armor champions in his own category. The overall effective health has Alistar winning with +732 more health than Rammus. You could say that it really isn't all that much, but you did say that Rammus had ~200 more health than Sivir, and thought it was a big deal.

Lilitu

01-04-2010

No. I think Rammus could use a buff but how about we buff one his skills/stats that isn't already amazing.

Hacksaurs

01-04-2010

You're asking for the ability to move at incredible speeds, cause knockups. taunting, and damage return?

Rammus is definitely balanced as is, he has medium hp and nice synergy with other players.

You're just getting greedy and want him to be a carry.

Piranha Petunia

01-04-2010

I'm simply asking for no more than the ability to knock you in the air (stun attached), knock you where I want you, heal myself, and apply a huge damage resistance buff, while having great survivability stats. That doesn't seem to OP does it?

Felipethegreat

01-04-2010

I agree with you on this part of it..... I

t should debuff armor (which it does) and magic resist! This would be a greater improvement to Rammus. Why??? Because tt would help him get kills for once ha.

Zack1996

01-04-2010

How about this:
Taunt armour/magical reduction: If next damage source is magical = magic resist eduction for duration. If physical = armour reduction.

Though its just coming from someone who fails.

Monad

01-05-2010

The only unlogical part is that some damage dealing classes have the same or evn better defense stats than characters listed as tanks.