Jax, am i playing him wrong?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drey Malic

01-06-2011

Guinsoos + jax is like peanut butter and jelly in a sandwich.

but get your ninja tabi early. Most heroes don't get boots and are easily out run in early game for easy kills. With jax your very item and kill dependant. work on it and you'll succeed.

My build for him is looked down upon at first by many people but they usually change their mind when i'm done with them.

Ninja Tabi // Guinsoos Rageblade // Hextech Gunblade // Nashor's Tooth // Zeal -> Trinity Force // Wriggle's Lantern + Elixers

Angelmorph

01-06-2011

Since Riot removed % dodge chance from Phantom Dancer, Jax is now 1.5 times weaker than before, but with some dodge chance runes, you still could play him well...

However, Jax 's cons are that he gets too many problems with CC, only suffering from two CCs at the same time in the early game and Jax will sure be history, so if you play a 5 vs 5 game and it isn't a ranked game, in which you can see your opponent 's lineup, you 'd better not pick Jax, if their lineup is mass CCs, Jax will auto fail...

I also agree that Jax is better at 3 vs 3 mode...

After a few games testing hybrid builds for Jax, I think this build may be suitable:

-Taibi/Merc
-Guinsoo's Rageblade
-Hextech Gunblade
-Atma's Impaler
-Banshee's Veil
and the final item, Guardian Angel...

this build is from a pro player who plays Jax as his main champ, in this forum, and this build works like a charm for Jax...

Nick

01-06-2011

Quote:
Ninja Tabi( ofc)
This is a problem. Merc should always be considered.

Other than that, consider rushed bilge>guin for jungling capability and reliable slow. Also after hextech and guinsoo you will rarely find a better extension than bashees. A SINGLE CC will end your ulti stacks.

Bladesbane

01-06-2011

Lol @ how of every person saying how much they love to play jax and how great he is, none of them are senior members. I love when Jax is on the enemy team, because he's like dinner that comes with a giant chopstick :P

Mezmrick

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladesbane View Post
Lol @ how of every person saying how much they love to play jax and how great he is, none of them are senior members. I love when Jax is on the enemy team, because he's like dinner that comes with a giant chopstick :P
Jax is fun to play, not a highly competitive hero, but very fun. Which is the objective most of the time. Also the level of your membership doesnt mean anything, not even connected to age of you account or games played. Its purely forum based, just means you post more and can reach senior by purely trolling.

peteleetzor

01-06-2011

ehhh why even get ninja tabis, his stun shouldnt be something you depend on.
Why? the in team fight you are likely to get focused by the ranged carry ( so even if you stun you will jsut die) and theres a 7 sec cooldown regardless.

I would get all three skills by lv 3, but priortize in R, W, Q then E.

So hes pretty much a nuke with his hop ( which does have decent range and it procs well with his W meaning it will do alot of damage)

Also getting pure attack speed item seems kinda pointless to me, if you already have a Guinsoo.

Tokinatoor

01-06-2011

Jax really needs Phage, Frozen Mallet or Rylai's.

I prefer phage-> trinity force but any of the 3 is a must have!

These items give you more time to wail on your target (jax is best auto-attacker in game in my opinion).

Try to get 4-5 stacks on your ult before you start fighting and KEEP YOUR STACKS UP IN FIGHTS WITH Q!

Jax is a sub par champion against Mages but he is an OP champion against champions dependent on hitting him like Warwick. Dont get last whisper or sword of the divine (there more counter items).

Banshee Veil is good to counter mages.

Jax is great for 3 v 3 because he has magic and attack damage which makes an enemy tank have to get both to defend against him. (twisted treeline is very often tank stomp and jax is great for killing tanks after he gets a constant slow)

CrossBlades

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezmrick View Post
Jax is fun to play, not a highly competitive hero, but very fun. Which is the objective most of the time. Also the level of your membership doesnt mean anything, not even connected to age of you account or games played. Its purely forum based, just means you post more and can reach senior by purely trolling.
Right on.

Trippies

01-06-2011

I would also reccomend changing your skilling order. After 1 level in E all it does is increase your dodge chance by 2%, and while yes the more often you dodge the better, you give up MAJOR dps in empower and MAJOR CDR for your leapt (which, combined w/empower + 3rd strike is where jax is deadly).
I would choose to max out either E or Q first, and W last, personally.