Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Best DPS tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maal

01-05-2010

Nunu is a pretty equilibrate Ap tank i think. Mostly because even if he fully build tank all of his ability stay usefull. A heal, an attack/run speed boost for your dps carry, a ranged slow and an aoe nuke that make you a primary target.

HallowDance

01-05-2010

I'll go with Kayle. With a DPS build you'll pawn some uber ass and still you'll have enough health to tank or off-tank. I believe you can a really good Kayle build on this forum, which makes him a formidable foe.

Veraticus

01-05-2010

I personally vote for Blitzcrank. He can get fairly tanky with the right items, and there are few moves as useful (for you) and annoying (for the enemy) as Rocket Grab.

Lumaca

01-05-2010

Malphite is a beast. No squishy can resist him.

Xailion

Recruiter

01-05-2010

I would say Singed can get some nasty dps while maintaining an tank presence.

Bait

Recruiter

01-05-2010

back in the day when i had unreliable allies, i went blitzcrank. he can tank and he can kill.

in high elo, alistar is the most dominant.

for your criteria, the best choice is singed.

Tetsaigah

01-05-2010

DPS blitzcrank is pretty crazy. I haven't done it for a while mostly because I don't have him unlocked, but if you throw in some tanking items with a cleaver and sheen/trinity force he can hit really hard and still be hard to kill. I'm kind of surprised no one has said anything about him yet. Not sure if this still applies to higher ELO, my guess is probably not.

AsherZaine

01-07-2010

Rammus= best physical tank no questions asked

One of the most powerful tanks i have ever seen is mundo and he didnt have one drop of tank gear I dont think I watched one on my team took down 3 people and was still half health. I have done really well with chogath playing by the guide by condon mfin chogath I have broke 5k hp and plus he has a slow silence and is passive rules for farming and feast builds your hp nearly by a 1000 when maxed and plus it does 800 damage at max lvl

I have played sion as a tank he does really well his passive blocks damage and one of his main abilitys is pretty much a shield and plus his ultimate has life steal.

Alistar i have seen this guy walk all in the enemys main base like he owns the mother ****er

Singed can be a good tank even if its a ap build using archmages staff and rod of ages i have had him nearly to 4k hp and did great damage and plus tossing one of the players into your team in a team fight is pretty funny

kayle i have played some matches with her its very hard for her to die cuz she has a spell that increases movement speed and heals and plus her ultimate is a bubble pretty much so ya

thats really the only tanks i know about, but dont let cost ruin you on what one to pick higher price dont mean **** any of them can be hard to beat sry for typing it sucks i know i failed word processing in high school

Gregor

Recruiter

01-08-2010

LoL, niether, i would say jax, get frozen mallet force of nature and phantom dancer, your dodge is 60%(counting runes) minions do nothing to you and your HP is about 3k, and your dmg output is insane, but its only if you are a good jax

azritan

01-08-2010

how come no one has mentioned taric? he can still be tough as heck with just GA if you go DPS with last whisper and chalice. just my personal opinion.