Best DPS tank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Singed. Poison gas + RoA + Flame cloak = large amounts of AoE damage

JunkRamen

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
if you want the best tank, just pick rammus.. you are a tank, got get all greedy for kills, and win games. Rammus is the best tank and an amazing initiator.. hands down best for top tier play. gl.
That's strange, most of the top tier players have been saying Malphite is the best.

nicosharp

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

recently? bit more difficult to farm with him now since the nerf to his aoe, but he has the best ultimate. Malphite is not as strong against good teams that split up a bit during team fights and when initiating. His Ults cooldown is another deterent.

No one can push towers harder than a well built rammus. His taunt is one of the best CC skills now, as it can not be cleansed, and has a much shorter cooldown then Malphites Ult. I've seen people taking Rammus, that were top 100 last posting, in my last few games.

xKLG

01-04-2010

Burst- Nunu, Cho Gath
Bulit DPS- Kayle
Built Tank- Nasus
Initiator- Malphite

IMSavior

01-04-2010

malphite is the best, insane tanks, plus amazing dmg if you get tons of armor

amazing initiator and chasing spells

he can hit extremely hard and is really hard to kill..

not to mention early game harassing against him is next to useless

nicosharp

01-04-2010

well that is what makes this game good.. champs seem good enough to be the best at what they do, and people all have varied opinions on who the best is... You say Malphite, I see Rammus, I play Alistar.. Every Champ has his strength and the team can either capitalize on it, or lose.

daNNux

01-04-2010

Id say Crit-Mundo.

Very strong early game, with Starks Fervour + 2-3 Avarice blades hi can oneshot minions for farming and usually hits for 2-500 with maxed Masochism. After that go Warmogs + other tank intems. Replace the Avarice blades with better crit/tank items as the game goes on.

End eq usually looks something like this:

Starks Fervour
Avarice Blade
Boots of Speed/Mercury
Warmogs
Atmas Impaler/Phantom Dancer

JunkRamen

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicosharp View Post
well that is what makes this game good.. champs seem good enough to be the best at what they do, and people all have varied opinions on who the best is... You say Malphite, I see Rammus, I play Alistar.. Every Champ has his strength and the team can either capitalize on it, or lose.
Sure, every champ brings something to the table, but that's no reason to flat at lie and say Rammus is the best "hands down" for "top tier play."

Malphite's damage may not be the absolute best, but he has the ult and he has a lot of aspd reduction with Ground Slam. In the game's current glass cannon Twitch/Tristana metagame, the initiator and aspd reduction are very strong.

tnemlec

01-04-2010

Chogath and Malphite are both quite strong for DPS tank choices.
I havent tried out all the tanks tho...

anyways, chogath is very hard to kill, and his ult is often underestimated, you eat squishies so easily with your ult. I once had a game where i ended up having 4.9k hp, i was practically unkillable even with 3-4 people pounding on me. And of course, i ended up killing them one by one.

For Malphite, the item builds really depends on what kinda champs you're going against. Its situational. If you stack MR on Malphite, it wont benefit you as much as stacking armor. If you stack armor, your ground slam would be very hard hitting, and melees wont be able to do as much dmg to you as well. Not to mention Malphite's ult is certainly the best initiator in game atm, and i'm sure no one would disagree on this one.

Nabonidus

01-04-2010

Poppy isn't a tank officially, but in my opinion, she's the best DPS 'tank' possible. If anyone can be the anti twitch, I'd put my money on it being poppy. She does HUGE damage late game (With her Q ability I was consistently hitting 1000-1200 numbers), and with Frozen heart and Warden's mail she rivals a lot of tanks in the armor department (particularly with her passive).