Rabadon's Deathcap is way too over powered

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

donkrx

01-05-2011

sigh... another stupid comment about deathcap being OP.

You fail to even realize that it doesn't have the invulnerability with it. Among other things.

It's not overpowered you are just fixating on the numbers and that's really all anyone's doing.... without considering hey wait it doesn't seem to actually be a problem in game.....................

InfinityD

01-05-2011

Magic Resistance, bro

EvilVegan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTcb View Post
You know why it costs less?

They took the ring, split it into two, and virtually made it cost twice all around the board(money and item slots) for what it did.

Deathcap is perfectly fine.

I'm also starting to love the mass amount of threads complaining about casters with high AP. You know the one thing they all have in common? Mejai's. You're feeding them, giving them even more AP.
Not that I disagree with your intent, the two separate items are WAY better than the original.

100AP
50 Armor
Invulnerable active.

150 AP
+30% AP

250 + 30% + 50 Armor + invulnerable > 120 AP + 25% + invulnerable (or whatever Zhonya's used to do)

The cap is awesome and really helped casters stay relevant late game. L2FoN

Liquidone

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raharl View Post
This item cannot be described as op. You have to spell out over powered. I get it's ment to replace zonya's ring, you don't get the stasis hooplah and what not. BUT WHY RIOT?!? It's an item worth in itself 200 AP! and the biggest kicker? IT'S FREAKING LESS EXPENSIVE THAN ZONYAS! Why would you make such an amazing item LESS EXPENSIVE THAN IT'S PREDECESSER! I mean with Zonya's a casters build ussually plateued around 400 or 500 ap, now a caster can get his ap up to 700 and still have 1 or 2 item slots left over! I saw a Karthus with 700 ap just with Meji, Hourglass and the cap, and a pair of boots. How do you fight that?!? Ult that kills everything plus an AoE with massive range and a 300 damage per second!?! What were you thinking?
Don't feed Karth? I don't know what you're looking for here.

Cliffsunder

01-05-2011

I bet you havent even experienced anything yet and you are just assuming its too good. And if you have experienced it being too good on Karthus the fact that you mentioned Soul Stealer means he was fed. Anything fed will is OP

Jawsus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

I know myself and many others called out that karthus would get so much qq on the forums with these new items. But have you ever though to build MR? If all he had was those items, then i'm pretty sure just a merc treads and a banshee veil would have made that game more fun for ya. if he has no mpen, then you're pretty much set building a little mr.

JannaBanana

01-05-2011

ive had over 1k AP with a karthus before the death cap. death cap isnt over powered u just need some MR

Belarock

01-05-2011

Its mabye 50-75 ap more in most games (30-45 minutes), without the zhonya's passive. Hardly op.

IF they are fed, this isnt the reason said character is op...

AntiTcb

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilVegan View Post
Not that I disagree with your intent, the two separate items are WAY better than the original.

100AP
50 Armor
Invulnerable active.

150 AP
+30% AP

250 + 30% + 50 Armor + invulnerable > 120 AP + 25% + invulnerable (or whatever Zhonya's used to do)

The cap is awesome and really helped casters stay relevant late game. L2FoN
They're better if you look at them clumped together, but the fact still stands that you pay twice for what you used to have.

Raharl

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiTcb View Post
You know why it costs less?

They took the ring, split it into two, and virtually made it cost twice all around the board(money and item slots) for what it did.

Deathcap is perfectly fine.

I'm also starting to love the mass amount of threads complaining about casters with high AP. You know the one thing they all have in common? Mejai's. You're feeding them, giving them even more AP.

Yes, it's split in two, but what exactly do you get for two item slots? 331 ap, 50 armor, and a two second stasis? That seems a bit much for just two bloody items.