REMOVE Mana from items that aren't caster oriented.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Drakantus

01-04-2010

There are several nice items in the game that inexplicably include a +mana or +mana regen bonus which renders them inferior for the characters without mana. Furthermore, this makes the items less flexible because a caster who already has enough mana is forced to spend extra gold on the mana portion of these items if they want the main bonus they add.

The following items, IMO, should have the mana related aspects removed and cost reduced accordingly:

Tiamat - minor mana regen doesn't even seem to serve a purpose, please remove it.

Sheen/Lich Bane/Trinity Force- please replace the blue crystal with a physical dps sword or red crystal, there are non-mana using champions who might consider this item if it didn't force an investment in mana.

Glacial shroud/Frozen heart- why should a tank be forced to buy so much mana just to take an armor/ -cooldown item?

Deathfire Grasp- I make this item for the click ability. The AP fits. The -cooldown seems like it's tacked on, and the mana regen is not needed and should be removed. There are champions with no need for the mana regen who would otherwise love to make this item.

Banshee's Veil: The biggest culprit of them all. This is the best item by far for countering strong casters. Why does it have mana attached to it? Does mundo really need to be punished with the wasted stats if he makes this item? Please replace, just make it require 3 red crystals instead of a catalyst, or another magic resist item, something other than mana.

TiV3

01-04-2010

Why not remove +MP from caster items too?
it should be on the utility items.
Wait we don't have those.

Edit:
Though the +mp on sheen is pretty important even to dps eve's early game. And having the mp crystal before sheen.

Play

01-04-2010

I use Deathfire Grasp every game, usually rush it, and I rely on it as my only source of MP regen. I bet each of those items have many people which use them for mp regen or mp.

Drakantus

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play View Post
I use Deathfire Grasp every game, usually rush it, and I rely on it as my only source of MP regen. I bet each of those items have many people which use them for mp regen or mp.

I'm sure those people can find other items to handle their mana-regen or mana needs.

TiV3

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakantus View Post
I'm sure those people can find other items to handle their mana-regen or mana needs.
But the guy you quoted is content exactly deathfire grasp.

ItsNotLuck66

01-04-2010

You're basically talking for the 3 characters without mana costs... There are many many characters that get benefit out of the mana/regen on these items. It doesn't make sense to take a useful feature out of the items for 3 characters.

JunkRamen

01-04-2010

The entire game can't be focused around Tryndamere, Mundo and Katarina. Tanks love the mana on Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart and Catalyst/Banshee's Veil. The mana on Sheen is essential to certain Shaco, TF, and Blitzcrank builds.

Drakantus

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lax66 View Post
You're basically talking for the 3 characters without mana costs... There are many many characters that get benefit out of the mana/regen on these items. It doesn't make sense to take a useful feature out of the items for 3 characters.
No, I'm not. Those 3 are the biggest focus, but there are also the annies, veigar, karthus, warwick, twitch, ashe, alistar, whatever that ALREADY have enough mana, but they need a banshee's veil because the opposing team has stacked casters, so they waste 400g on a blue crystal they really shouldn't have to buy.

If you need mana or mana regen, there are dozens of items dedicated to that aspect of your character, I find it very annoying that those stats are tacked onto so many items that aren't even based around casters.

Assume sheen is changed to not require a blue crystal. If you want sheen but you also desperately need some mana, whats so hard about buying a blue crystal and then buying a sheen?

How would the physical DPS carrys feel if every item with crit on it also had armor, and every item with +attack speed had hp, and every item with +damage also had health regen? Yeah, I'm sure a few weirdos would be happy about such changes "yay I can build my high hp physical dps shaco build now" but overall it would remove options and make the itemization more annoying. This is how it is for AP champions right now, it's almost impossible to get AP without getting mana or mana regen.

EasymodeX

01-04-2010

Thumbs up on the topic regarding Frozen Heart and +mana. I'll give a minor thumbs-up on Banshee's Veil, since it's usually more of a counter item taken later in the game.

T-down on the rest though.

EchoRex

01-04-2010

Alistar, Veigar and Karthus, do not have enough mana, ever. Annie doesn't have enough to sustain through a team fight without hell of a high regen amount. Warwick and Ashe go dry easily with their prevalent builds.

The only three champions that find mana a loss are the three without any mana pool, the primary stats and passives from the items far and away exceed any detriment they could have by spending an additional 180-975 gold.