Can riot make Caitlyn wind up and release?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myster2

01-05-2011

*Warning: This is not a useless troll text, if you are looking for useless troll texts with no suggestions please read the other 90% of these type of posts. This suggestion seems legitimate, please let me know if it is not....*

Caitlyn is an underwhelming and boring champion to play. She is not much different than everything else out there. I have read a bunch of the "I hate Caitlyn and Riot" posts without many suggestions. The biggest issue that seems to keep being brought up is that it takes Caitlyn forever to actually shoot with her Q and her R abilities making them easy to dodge or interrupt. So why can't her Q and R be wind up and player released type of shots. If they could possible make it where you press Q and she loads the gun and gets in her stance (unable to move) and then you press Q again to release, it would be much better. Now if they did that with R and ramped up the damage and distance she would feel much more like a sniper to me. You could put the little laser on someone far away and fire. It would need fly much faster though.

This idea seems to keep the core functionality and easy to interrupt abilities that Riot seems to want Caitlyn to have but address the ease of dodging the shots. They may need to change her player rating from "easy" to "medium" though.

Even if it didn't fix her it sure would make her a whole lot more fun to play...

Sheldons

01-05-2011

giggle

Sekundes12

01-05-2011

i like the idea of giving up your movement in order to become a powerful stationary ranged attacker. kudos

Dinlek

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekundes12 View Post
i like the idea of giving up your movement in order to become a powerful stationary ranged attacker. kudos
Yeah, but it doesn't really fit the idea of a sniper, though. A sniper is a person who runs around throwing around traps and nets.

Wait, shi-

Gorram Reavers

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinlek View Post
Yeah, but it doesn't really fit the idea of a sniper, though. A sniper is a person who runs around throwing around traps and nets.

Wait, shi-
You forgot that a snipers role is to also miss all their shots and to hit the targets friend, rather than the target itself.

Sekundes12

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinlek View Post

Wait, shi-
a sniper looks for a place where he can lay down to fire that one important shot to then get up and quickly change his place but he will stay in one place untill he fired his gun

hold on

irony
irony everywhere

so a sniper is someone who cant kill ppl in bushes because dew drops on tall grass block bullets

MittenMagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

She's not *really* a sniper. She's a crackshot sheriff. Sheriff = fighting bandits. How do you fight bandits? Nets. Traps. +1 anyway, Dinlek.

Morinav

01-05-2011

I've made this suggestion a few times before and it's always been a mechanic I want to see.

Immabot

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MittenMagick View Post
She's not *really* a sniper. She's a crackshot sheriff. Sheriff = fighting bandits. How do you fight bandits? Nets. Traps. +1 anyway, Dinlek.
What kind of sheriff hides in the bushes and assassinates people? Thats **cked up. No trial or anything?

MittenMagick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immabot View Post
What kind of sheriff hides in the bushes and assassinates people? Thats **cked up. No trial or anything?
It's "the wild west," where they didn't have trials like that and everything was solved with gunfights, and criminals were well-known to be criminals.