Caitlyn's Overall Game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whisperrzz

01-05-2011

Caitlyn, The Sheriff of Piltover

Maybe this belongs in the guide section, and maybe I'll post it there too, but I want the QQ in GC to stawp.

I believe that scaling on AD with Q is 1:1 (+3), scaling on W and E with AP is 1:1, and scaling on the ult is something like 1.25:1. This is irrelevant, however, to the arguements I am about to make. So whether these stats are wrong or not, I don't much care.
I'm using a 21/0/9 build focusing on physical damage, and taking Ghost and Ignite as summoner spells. (Ignite is changeable, but the Ghost is a MUST HAVE for Caitlyn. Flash is not needed because of the capability of her E.)

Build AD, AS, Crit, and Lifesteal.
R>Q>W>E
Get W at level 2 and E at level 3, then follow R>Q>W>E
So QWQEQRQWQWRWWEEREE

I find that Early game, I am always dominating the lane. I harrass opponents while getting last hits on minions often with my Q. W and E aren't extremely useful this early in the game, except for POSSIBLY warding off a gank with W, and easily getting away from one with your E.

I find that Mid game, I have outstanding damage with my Q, and I have found a great build revolving around Crit, Damage, Attack Speed, and minor Lifesteal, a typical build for any Ranged Physical Carry. While I stack Damage, my abilities Q and R also scale with the damage quite well, making up for a Carry's so-so early, and alright mid game. I'm taking the upperhand on ganks and counterganks, while being safe at the same time. I am also able to save other players from ganks/death with my W and E (W doesn't pop right away, which is why you lead the trap, like an Ashe Arrow cross-lane, "put it where they're going".)

I don't quite understand how all of you think that "Lol guise Caitlyn's End Game is terribad", Because I'm taking quite large ****s on players' chests as they attempt to run from my damages. I'm able to protect my turrets easily with W and Q, and also be safe from being tower dive'd. I can push enemy turrets with easy, while being safe because of the safety my W and E provide me. I'm quite useful in teamfights because my Q hits everyone with the right position, and I can clean up with an R or a Q if they're close enough.

Q: Early game harrassment in lane, straight through minions to enemy player.

I've gotten many kills by just harrassing players and hitting minions all phase with Q.

W: Protection from ganks, saving yourself/other players from getting killed by rooting enemy players

I've saved countless people, as well as myself from ganks and chases, simply with intuition. Place it where you think they'll come from in a gank, and place it where they're going in a chase. It can nearly garauntee safety, or atleast force them to hesitate and try to walk around the trap, saving you time either way.

E: Use this to traverse minor terrain, or to get closer to your turret while slowing the enemy in a gank. While being tower doven, this is useful to get away from the opponent, possible forcing them to take more hits from the turret. Using this as a "blink" as shown without hitting the opponent with the net is next to useless, and only wastes mana.

R: THIS IS NOT A TEAMFIGHT OR 1V1 SPELL. Use this spell only to headshot those players that just seem to get away with a low amount of health.

If you're in a 1v1 and you cast this spell, you have wayyy less of a chance to do anything, because it's something like a 3 second channel, and you waste that many auto attacks and possibly a Q. Do as much damage as you can, and if they run and get out of your insane 650 attack ranged, Use your R to teach them a little something about running away.

Dreamscribe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Pre-buff Urgot did everything Caitlyn did, except better.

- He had a conditional slow.
- Long range nukes.
- An ultimate with a channel that left many players scratching their heads in confusion as to its proper usage and infuriated as to its uselessness in team fight scenarios.
- Dominated early game, much like Phreak said in both Champions' respective spotlights.
- Does absolutely bupkis late-game compared to other carries.

As someone who was around when they first released Urgot and played him a lot before ultimately coming to the conclusion that he was utter garbage, I'm getting the same feeling from Caitlyn. She's buggy and underpowered. Moreover, I'm surprised that Ezreal (the Riot employee, not the Champion) is "proud" of Caitlyn. She seems incredibly underwhelming.

Whisperrzz

01-05-2011

Bump

Crayon Puppet

01-05-2011

I like boots of mobility adn cleaver early IE and triforce next