Increased gold gain

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sweaty Gopher

01-04-2010

I feel that some heroes get items a lot quicker than others due to their farming abilities, and also their early game viability. It wouldn't be hard to investigate and implement a different set of passive gold gain rules for various heroes.

For instance, support heroes typically can't farm all that well because they're healers/CC not DD or physical DPS.

This would immensely help some heroes be viable, as by the time a Yi has a malady or bloodrazor, you just finished your boots and a mana regen item.

Jozen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2010

Although great in theory, it would be horrible in practice. There's already a number of ways to even out your gold gain as a support hero. Making it so support heroes have increased gold gain would skew it in their favor too much. I don't want to see a taric, kayle or nunu carrying a game just because they have an inherent increased gold gain. There's no way that its fair and balanced or could ever be.

JunkRamen

01-04-2010

It's not like Taric/Soraka/Nidalee/Kayle are exactly weak atm. Of those characters, Kayle, the one that's arguably the strongest is actually the weakest farmer, yet she's doing fine. Perhaps they could implement some support friendly gp5 item, but they need to avoid the whole "gp5 itemx4" or whatever item builds that Tryndameres were doing last patch.

JayceJa

01-04-2010

typically, those who farm better are more dependent on items, so its not that bad

TheGreatPikachu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2010

you just have to practice your last hitting skills. its not a matter of which hero can farm better or not. A pro last hitting support hero can easy out farm a farmer who doesn't time his last hit.

Kahryl

01-13-2010

Some champions are better at healing than others, some better at movement than others, some better at scaling than others. It's reasonable that some will be better at earning money than others. In fact LoL encourages farming disparities by awarding bonuses to certain champions (Ashe, Gangplank, Veigar etc) for killing minions.

I play Soraka a lot and I definitely don't earn as much money as most champions, but if my character is stronger in other ways it balances out.