Riot: Why do you insist matchmaking works as intended?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoggyPants

01-05-2011

Do you intend for it to work improperly?

Honestly, why the hell do I play a game every night and there are feeders on my team or the other team? A feeder being someone who clearly overextends repeatedly, makes foolish mistakes, and overall hurts your team. Someone who flat out doesn't understand the optimal item builds for champions and build items on his champion that very clearly do not synergize with his abilities.

And guess what? 75% of the time I see a feeder in game I check his profile at the end of the match and sure enough...this is his 6th ranked win! Or his 35th ranked win! Meanwhile, myself and my friend that I queue'd with are approaching 300 ranked wins.

This is stupid. Why are we being paired with newbies? Now I know that your response is going to be "we calculate matchmaking based on a variety of factors and not just sheer number of wins". Well, I am telling you that your matchmaking is BROKEN. Should you use a variety of other factors besides a win number? YES! But you need to put the win/loss and experience ratio in ranked games at a much higher priority when matching teams.

Elo means something, but a huge part of this game is experience and practice. This is pretty basic stuff, guys.

I am not asking for an explanation. I am telling you to fix it. And I am pretty sure that the majority of the community is with me on this one.

SoggyPants

01-05-2011

I am just utterly amazed that Riot thinks their matchmaking is working. Literally shocked that they can sit back here and give a thumbs up to how it is working right now.

RE Bantos

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggyPants View Post
Do you intend for it to work improperly?

Honestly, why the hell do I play a game every night and there are feeders on my team or the other team? A feeder being someone who clearly overextends repeatedly, makes foolish mistakes, and overall hurts your team. Someone who flat out doesn't understand the optimal item builds for champions and build items on his champion that very clearly do not synergize with his abilities.

And guess what? 75% of the time I see a feeder in game I check his profile at the end of the match and sure enough...this is his 6th ranked win! Or his 35th ranked win! Meanwhile, myself and my friend that I queue'd with are approaching 300 ranked wins.

This is stupid. Why are we being paired with newbies? Now I know that your response is going to be "we calculate matchmaking based on a variety of factors and not just sheer number of wins". Well, I am telling you that your matchmaking is BROKEN. Should you use a variety of other factors besides a win number? YES! But you need to put the win/loss and experience ratio in ranked games at a much higher priority when matching teams.

Elo means something, but a huge part of this game is experience and practice. This is pretty basic stuff, guys.

I am not asking for an explanation. I am telling you to fix it. And I am pretty sure that the majority of the community is with me on this one.
It doesn't calculate matches based on any "variety of factors". It uses Elo, and that's it.

How in the hell do you have 300 ranked wins and still not know that Elo is what their MM runs on?

Also, the fact that you have 300 wins and are still around 1200 Elo, the "beginning" mark, means you don't have much room to talk.

SoggyPants

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bantos View Post
It doesn't calculate matches based on any "variety of factors". It uses Elo, and that's it.

How in the hell do you have 300 ranked wins and still not know that Elo is what their MM runs on?
I thought I read a post somewhere by a red saying that there are more factors that go into matchmaking than pure Elo. If it is pure Elo then I am seriously floored at how stupid their matchmaking system is.

Acerack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

no one cared about your qq.. so you had to bump it yourself.. lol.