Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How can gragas do more dmg than mages with less AP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BJSV

01-05-2011

Just a simple question.

To do 2k dmg with only ulty and cask is ******ed. It wasnt even funny, my cait had around 1900 hp which means we start with one dead cause gragas nuke the **** out of cait. Lame.

corki ban op plz

01-05-2011

Don't feed Gragas. Build MR.

inFe eD

01-05-2011

Gragas can barely break 1k damage with an entire cycle of his spells without AP before spell resist. It's probably more you being silly and getting beer-bombed into their entire team that did it.

Haelstrom

01-05-2011

1. All of his abilities require aiming. While they have decent AoE radius' each and large range (excluding his Body Slam of course), a Flash can turn a crushing Gragas ult into a powerful gust of an escape mechanic.

2. They have pretty high base damage and decent AP ratios versus "ok" base damage and high AP ratios.

3. We just got a hat that makes AP Gragas a nuclear bomb.

That pretty much sums it up. Buy some MR, juke barrels, and quit QQ'ing.

Bobahz

01-05-2011

Even fed Gragas is ****ty nuker.

Haelstrom

01-05-2011

Quote:
Bobahz:
Even fed Gragas is ****ty nuker.

Now this I also disagree with. AP Gragas can easily farm up and deal monstrous damage as early as mid game. He's by no stretch a bad nuker.

He's just not a faceroll one either, unless you get over 760 AP like I did yesterday, throw your ult, and 1-shot bads who build no MR.

.... and still lose.

Dongsy

01-05-2011

Quote:
BJSV:
Just a simple question.

To do 2k dmg with only ulty and cask is ******ed. It wasnt even funny, my cait had around 1900 hp which means we start with one dead cause gragas nuke the **** out of cait. Lame.

Because both of them are skillshots that you could of avoided.

Mynt

01-05-2011

Is this some sort of trick question?

Is the answer like "If the caster is Cassiopeia" or something? Gragas does 750 base damage with his cask+barrel combo. Annie's combo is 1035, and she's the lowest of all burst casters. Veigar is 1080, Ryze 1260, even Anivia is 870. but her ult. is /second so it ramps up.

You're not exaggerating or anything, are you?