Ranked games - no balance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kartoffel

01-05-2011

I want to ask how the Ranking system works, because it is not really often that the whole rating of a team, calculated together, is equal the same as the rating of the other, i had a game, in which the opponents had 270 more rating than we had, thats not really fair i think, to play against such a high team. It would be much better if i have to wait longer but than i have got opponents with my rating.

Rhetorical Hippo

01-05-2011

There is a tolerance, also people who duo queue effect the Elo significantly.

If one person queues as 1000 and another duo queues as 1200, they both get treated as something like 1180 but show their true Elo, so it's tough to be completely positive without all the data.

Matchmaking has a tolerance for matchups. It just wants to get as close as possible in a reasonable amount of time, it's not trying to be perfect, which is good, becaue it'd take 40 minutes to find a game otherwise.

RE Bantos

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartoffel View Post
I want to ask how the Ranking system works, because it is not really often that the whole rating of a team, calculated together, is equal the same as the rating of the other, i had a game, in which the opponents had 270 more rating than we had, thats not really fair i think, to play against such a high team. It would be much better if i have to wait longer but than i have got opponents with my rating.
This thread is new and exciting.

Wait...

Anyways, as has been said in countless other threads like this, after a certain amount of time in queue, the MM will start looking farther out in the Elo pool to find you a game faster. Riot has said time and again that this is working as intended, and that they will be improving MM as much as they can to get accurate matches, but they have no intention of ever restricting MM to only certain Elo ranges because they don't want 30-minute queue times.

Karthagee

01-05-2011

Individual ranking in a team game.

Impossible to take seriously.

speed penís

01-05-2011

your rank is not a definite figure for how good you are, it changes. It goes up and down all the time. because you lost that against the 270 higher team your rank wont decrease by much and their rank wont increase by much but if you had of won it you would have gone up a lot! the rank system is trying to find an equilibrium and eventually you will be sitting at your exact skill level. However you will always occasionally go against harder opponents because if you didn't you would never rise up the ranks or you would do it incredibly slowly. The current system may not always be fair but it will get you where you need to be faster and always give you space for development.

Zero400

01-05-2011

PLEAse take out duel que