How to handle Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azuredragon653

01-05-2011

LeBlanc is one of the few characters that can fight Vlad. She's one of the very few that can actually beat him. He has to play extremely defensive until level 9. Even if you don't zone him (which you should), he won't have that many minion kills. If he doesn't play defensive and goes the harassing route, you can either kill him or force him out of the lane. The problem is that while you negated Vlad, the time of the game has negated you.

Amumu can't do ****.

Audhulma

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg1 View Post
Well normally I would agree but if Vlad builds warmogs first and I keep getting focused down to the point I generally can't build the items I need, I'm basically useless against his LOL turret drive.
Cept good vlad's dont build the mog's. Just sayin'.

If he is that focused on HP his damage wont be anywhere near that of a true AP vlad, and therefore isnt a huge threat unless you bunch up or decide to sit around your tower with 10%.
Also forgot to mention about kass, since vlad is a spammy champion his force pulse is available quite alot - all you need to do is make sure you have the mana pool and regen to keep casting.

I'll list a couple of things that, depending on how the match is going and how confident I feel, will bait me into using pool. Fiddle's ult; I pool as soon as I can because for some reason they always terrify ME so I cant leave the ult range. Pool prior to terrify saves. your. ass. A ryze with an active ult and a bunch of team mates near me; Lul Sorry Id like to keep my hp and mr, thank you (this applies mostly when the match is going well and I feel like being a ****** to ryze) Ults like Lux's (which has a short cd anyways, so it isn't unreasonable to ask your team lux to burn it to get a kill). When I run back into the group of enemy champions chasing my team mate with 10%, so that I can slow them enough for him/her to escape. There's more but this post is already kinda long >>
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg1 View Post
All of these seem to be great ways to handle a vlad, I guess the hardest part is I always play normal (mainly due to not feeling confident enough to play ranked) and I can't see what the other team is picking.
I don't play ranked either, but that's because it seems like it will do nothing but pull any fun I have out of the game. Tryharding ftl.

Jellybean TIZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

From the games I played since the patch, just making sure you have plenty of cc to immobilize him is a big key. "But he has a pool!", yes but the cool down on it is actually pretty long and it takes %20 of his health. So after he gets out of it, stun, snare, silence him.

For the laning phase, make sure you have some sort of ranged harassment. His Q cool down is quite long as low levels, so strong early game harassment is important. And if that doesn't work well and he's doing well in his lane, it could all change during team fights.

I played a game that had a Vlad on one team and a Soraka on the other. Soraka was sure to max up her silence skill and during each teamfight, she just silenced Vlad. He was pretty useless for a good part of each team fight.The team with Vlad ended up losing. Just make sure someone on your team has some sort of CC.

Turtleman29

01-05-2011

I also love laning against vlad as kass, it's a very easy lane unless the vlad is really pro and even then.... All you do is start with mana gem harass with your q whenevre he is in range and last hit minions. You can zone him out early and then when he is 5 or so he will begin to harass, but you can still keep him off you by last hitting with q.

Once I have 925 gold i bp back and get catalyst then tele back and immediately at 6 begin tele bursting him every time i level up sometimes inbetween levels, call for ganks as well and that should do it. This should once again stop his farm, which is really the goal vs vlad, elminate his mid game as much as possible and he is virtually useless late game.

ndruo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quote:
I'd really like some insight as to how to handle Vlad once he starts to snowball
You won't beat a Vlad after he gains even a little momentum. You have to shut him down from the get-go.

Denying Vlad is difficult, but at early levels you can force him to choose between using his q to harass or farm. Pushing him out of a lane outright is **** tricky, to say in the least. When you and a Vlad are trading harassment during laning don't back off if he pokes you with his q. It seems so contrary to the standard playstyle but you have to make him pay.

In team fights, sit on your long CD/big damage spells until after he uses sanguine pool. Patience & timing are the most useful skills you can develop, and that's NOT just against a Vladimir.

In other words, you have to beat him in the first 15 minutes or he'll take over the game.