How to handle Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lumbergh

01-05-2011

So instead of making a QQ thread about nerfing vlad because he's OP, I'd really like some insight as to how to handle Vlad once he starts to snowball, he's really proving to me to be a huge contender in terms of survivability and damage output. His Q hits harder than almost anything I know.

Inb4 MR, hard to build items when you're getting instaganked by a tower diving vlad that laughs @ tower hits.

Been playing as:

LeBlanc, Amumu

EnIighten

01-05-2011

Well.. only thing I have to say is with the new items out, he doesn't even need to snowball.

darnasek

01-05-2011

urrr jungle with amumu. shouldnt be a problem. also, if you see he used transfusion on you already dont back off. most people when playing against vlad backoff when he hurt them. his CD is like 9 second at lvl 1. and if he try to use blood pool, he used 20% of his hp to avoid one of your spell. leblanc have 4 damaging spell. its your choice

Dracozero

01-05-2011

Deny him hard in lane levels 1-8

then buy some MR.

LeBlanc should be able to **** all over Vlad in mid.

redlightman

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

LeBlanc and Kassadin counter Vlad pretty well. Both are very mobile, have pretty long silences, and LeBlanc can even snare him.

Lumbergh

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead Shadows View Post
Well.. only thing I have to say is with the new items out, he doesn't even need to snowball.
I agree with this, he can just push ridiculous amounts of AP & health at the same time now. Even when 5 people focus him he can just LOL pool.

Grand Xerxes

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

you need to harass him a lot before lvl 9 so that he doesn't get too farmed, thats what I try to do. Sometimes it doesn't work because of various factors, other player is better, etc. but I think that is the most effective way to beat him.

edit: **** ninjas

the journey

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlightman View Post
LeBlanc and Kassadin counter Vlad pretty well. Both are very mobile, have pretty long silences, and LeBlanc can even snare him.
Can you give some tips for how to play Kassadin against him?

I'm thinking of trying him out (he looks like wicked fun to play), and with every single person and their grandmother picking Vladimir, saying "i mid" in all chat and rushing Deathcap on him (herpaderpadurrrr), I could use some pointers before I charge into mid. Thanks!

Kakashik

01-05-2011

Heavy melee dps own him hard. Esp ones who can jump and stay persistent on their target. For example Yi's charge gives vlad no breathing space.

darnasek

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by cg1 View Post
I agree with this, he can just push ridiculous amounts of AP & health at the same time now. Even when 5 people focus him he can just LOL pool.
and after the pool and 20% of his hp are gone they can just LOL bloodrazor