Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

R66Y

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Stroker View Post
For serious? ****! I just bought some RP to get that Pumpkinhead skin. I didn't realise it was no longer available. I guess I should have read the fine print, but by the same token maybe Riot should put something other than "Locked" on limited edition skins when you preview it, like "Unavailable" to differentiate them from skins you can still purchase with RP.
This actually isn't a bad idea. I know more than you guys have been upset after having gone to the store to purchase a skin only to find it is no longer available. While I normally advise following a policy of caveat emptor, this seems like a reasonable change to avoid confusion. Might I suggest you put it someplace where Riot is more likely to take notice of it (the reds are scarce in this forum).

DGGP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-07-2011

Seems like a waste to have made the effort to make holiday skins, then barring anyone who wasn't on during the small window of time from ever using it. I'd prefer they just give people the skin at a huge discount or free (LOL, I can dream) on the holiday, and just let other people who weren't as fortunate enough to be on be able to purchase it.

LE **** is never a good thing.

The only thing I agree with being LE is the tournament winner skins. They earned it. You didn't "earn" a holiday skin for being on, you were in the right place at the right time.

I hope they at least let us buy the holiday skins on the holidays in question :/ Would be more money in Riot's pocket so I don't see why not

TuM R3AV3R

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bam Stroker View Post
For serious? ****! I just bought some RP to get that Pumpkinhead skin. I didn't realise it was no longer available. I guess I should have read the fine print, but by the same token maybe Riot should put something other than "Locked" on limited edition skins when you preview it, like "Unavailable" to differentiate them from skins you can still purchase with RP.
youre right, they should gray it out and say "unavailable" or something

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR3NDKILLER View Post
I hope they at least let us buy the holiday skins on the holidays in question :/ Would be more money in Riot's pocket so I don't see why not
While it would be more money for _that_ skin, it would also potentially be less overall; why buy a holiday skin if you can just get it next year if you haven't found one you want? A lot of the draw for holiday etc skins is _because_ they're limited edition, and that's the reason a lot of people buy them. As I said though, Riot may not have LE skins as often in the future, but the skins that were _announced_ as LE skins will stay LE.

Shadowfox426

10-16-2011

Just my personal opinion but I hope that they might rethink the label for limited edition skins. Make it so that a newer player can easily see if a certain skin is no longer available. They could list it as "Unavailable" rather than "Locked" like all of the normal skins on the character's page.

GrandCommander13

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-16-2011

It irks me that pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks is LE. Most of the LE skins are average skins that are flagrantly special (i.e. they involve someone dressing up like Santa or whatnot) and so it doesn't bother me at all. Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks is just plain incredible, however, and doesn't strike me as much as a Halloween skin as a Headless Horseman skin. That is to say: even if Halloween didn't exist, Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks would still be a good skin idea.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandCommander13 View Post
It irks me that pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks is LE. Most of the LE skins are average skins that are flagrantly special (i.e. they involve someone dressing up like Santa or whatnot) and so it doesn't bother me at all. Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks is just plain incredible, however, and doesn't strike me as much as a Halloween skin as a Headless Horseman skin. That is to say: even if Halloween didn't exist, Pumpkinhead Fiddlesticks would still be a good skin idea.
Except that if Halloween didn't exist, who would have thought of 'pumpkinhead' anything? Why don't we have 'Tomatohead Teemo' or 'Applehead Vayne'?

Sheogorath

05-11-2013

You sir missed a chance to get rich.

EQOAnostalgia

09-08-2013

Dudes i want pumpkinhead fiddles! Arg! I well, i can only hope they release a Warwick halloweeny skin

I am Wizard

Recruiter

09-08-2013

Halloween.