Video 7 vga mode not support??

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-06-2010

Go to Nvidias website, www.nvidia.com and manually down the the drivers for your card. Also this might be an issue with the TV/Monitor Combo, Dell used to sell the WD series of TV/Monitors. They were a great idea at first, but we later found they developed issues and the line was stopped.

EDIT: Another thought that just came to mind! Go to the Manufacturer of that TV/Monitor and see if they have a firmware upgrade. If they do download it and your TV should have a USB port you can plug a flash drive into.

Usually it goes something like this

Download firmware update to USB Flash drive > Turn off Display > Insert Flash Drive into USB > Turn on Display > Display will update.

LG had an issue with some of their LCD's that prevented them from recognizing certain signals from various input devices. Updating the firmware resolved it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FuzzyNavals

01-07-2010

Mmkay, I updated the driver for my video card from the website, now it's coming up with date: 11/20/2009 in dxdiag? Not sure why but at least it changed this time I guess >.<

For the life of me, I cannot find the website for Norcent tvs. There is a Norcent.com but it just says "URL Not found" when clicked on. and I can't find a firmware update elsewhere. Not sure whether the company went out of business...or...what? (The TV is a few years old) Is there another place the firmware update might be that I can check?

Thanks again for all your patience/help