[Guide]Sion The Beast Within!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Visceron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBerch View Post
Fail to the people who get his shield early....
If you have ever solo middle laned as sion and started off with DC over enrage, and are against ranged (ashe, sivir, etc.) you will be pushing them into their turret by the third wave. Based on his shield will protect you from taking damage, and also allow you to get in close. I only level up enrage at level 3 and only when it forces me to after that. People seem to think that it is stupid to neglect enrage because "OMGWTF YOU GET MAX HP PER KILL" when honestly, an average game for me with sion is 20-45 minutes and at the end of the latter, you only kill about 200-300 max minions. If your game is depending on you to kill minions and get max hp, then you are obviously taking the long route to get to his full potential. Stacking AP is better then max hp in my perspective because Deaths Caress is a two sided sword that they have to grab onto either way. Blasting wand is 40 ap which when deaths caress is up meaning that you have a temporary 40 extra health with the shield up and can also cause that 40 hp to damage onto your enemy and everything around you.

Melee means you have to get in clsoe. Use the DC to withstand their initial ranged attacks, then stun and melee him down and blow up. Burst damage from a tank is not to be taken lightly.

Lyrre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-27-2010

Hmm, I like playing a heavy hitter sion as well, but I usually grab different item builds and I start off with stun, then enrage so I can get first bloods and early kills (which I often get).

I usually grab dorans shield and an hp pot then come back for boots, then depending on who im up against i go to lvl 3 boots or get a phage, then i work towards a trinity, and If i get that it's gg every time, grab a bloodthirster after that and just laugh as your stun + next attack after stun take out 75% of an enemy's hp noncrit

Soookayyy

03-03-2010

Thanks for the guide i tried this and it will take few matches to get adjusted to farming with last hits insted of shields and learning to go in as a melee dps but i have to admit even as my first 2 matches i did 5/5/15 and 4/4/12 so definitly not too bad of a learning curve and very enjoyable. makes his ult a lot less useless then with a tank or ap build. on this build your ultimate is almost strong enough to heal you and your mates tru a fiddle crow strom really good stuff and very nice approach. makes his little background story make a lot of sense

i prefer to start stun,enragex2,shield,enrage,ult. i never really use the shield but even at level one it has saved me from ignite or bombs or any other forms of poisons. but never use it offensively you need that mana.

SIDE NOT: Everyone needs to start reading before they post jeez... this is a tread about a guide on AD sion(a very good one at that) with a high crit build. We all understand there are tank builds and AP builds out there that also work very well.... please just read posts before you start plaguing a good guide with useless info there are plenty of guides for other sion builds.

jeffdachef

03-04-2010

i do the same build as you but a lil differently, i find starting out buying my boots and tiamat(helps out with hp and mana and staying in lanes) then infinity makes me go up to 4.2k hp by level 18 average per game(by this time i sold the tiamat for something better already) and a bit more by endgame(haha take that you stupid cho gath). why last hit creeps when you can wipe all of them out, you turn into a crazy ass jungler too. but i admit, he's pretty rigged playing this way lol with bts and ulti and starks = 145% lifesteal LMFAO and 100% AoE heal lifesteal doing over 1.1k crits often buffed Yis, gangplanks, warwicks and pretty much any melee dps aint got nottin on him

ProBlaze

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveh View Post
Here is my tactic / item build which owns quite well in game.

I'll post the order I'm buying items in game:

- Vampiric Scepter -->( This one helps me with keeping my health up in first few minutes of game )

- Boots of Speed----> Boots of Swiftness ( Buy improved ones when you think it's the best time to run fast xD )

- Malady ------------>( It makes your hits very fast and the item is quite cheap )

- Phantom Dancer -->( Very good for increased attack speed / crit % and tanking )

- Banshee's Veil ---->( This item I buy instead of Frozen Mallet because I kill creeps on map to get the buff that slows enemies, no need for frozen mallet if you kill those creeps. This item is VERY good because of the spell negate and increased magic resistance, buy it ^^ )

- Infinity Edge or Frozen Mallet ---> ( This is your choice as it depends on battle itself )

- Stark's Fervor -----> ( Really nice lifesteal and greater attack speed )

I mostly don't succeed to buy all 6 items because the games end faster.
The thread owner's build was pretty good and worked well in games, hit about 800 crit (game ended before 1k ) but the quote'd built is much better because it also allows me to hit crits -which are pretty low- but multiple times, also with hp gain. However, both builts are amazing and I thank-you for it :]

KavikaDestroyer

08-02-2010

Nnneeeccrroo thread

Sir Pudl

08-02-2010

I've been playing AD Sion for the last couple of weeks. My build is very similar to above.

Start with Emblem of Valour, then boots, Phange and Brutilizer. From then I finish Starks, Ghostblade and Mallet. After that it depends on the game. IE, GA,...

KavikaDestroyer

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Pudl View Post
I've been playing AD Sion for the last couple of weeks. My build is very similar to above.

Start with Emblem of Valour, then boots, Phange and Brutilizer. From then I finish Starks, Ghostblade and Mallet. After that it depends on the game. IE, GA,...
What do you do when you get exhausted?

Railen

08-03-2010

So started playing the game yesterday, Sion was the first character I bought with IP, Played him some with mixed success because I didn't really have an item direction but I wanted to play a heavy hitter. I read a little bit in here then came up with an item plan. I started with a life leach item and enrage (going straight for stark's Fervor, i was left in the mid lane by myself against a rather poor Cho'Gath player, I was able to kill him 3 times by the time we hit lvl 3 which helped my income a bunch.

By lvl 7 I had starks and was well on my way to an Atma's I did the dragon for my team and started flanking and ganking people however my teammates were bad. between 7 and 12 I managed my first 10 kill spree got an Atma's and was working towards a Frost Mallet (while my team lost 2 turrets on the side lanes) I got killed for the first time around lvl 12 by ash / Paladin / Xin 3 on 1.... my bad for getting overconfident.

Shortly thereafter I managed another 9 or so kill spree, got a last whisper and a frost mallet, then some boots and a second Atmas, At this point I was able to pimp Ashe+ the paladin + Xin + Chogath all at the same time with use of Berzerk. I died one more time but it was because I was overconfident again and fighting them at a turret.

Finished 28/2/7 got called a cheater on day 2 playing this game. I call that a success. Also double Atma's seems amazing, Thanks for the helpful dialogue and stearing me towards Atma's specifically, I liked starting out going for Starks early because I've found that the life leach item is the most useful starting item for me.

So my ending setup was Starks, Atma's 2x, Last Whisper, Frozen Mallet, Boots. I am really happy with Starks / Atma / Frozen Mallet, can anyone suggest other items to finish out the build working on those 3, and maybe including a second Atma's.

Visceron

08-03-2010

All of a sudden Firetree is on League of Legends