[Guide]Sion The Beast Within!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Whiplash

08-21-2009

well ive made a runepage that gives me +54% crit dmg....and its pretty dirty when you get an infinity edge on sion.

poserdonut

09-06-2009

So should I get atma instead of infinity edge, before infinity edge or after infinity edge?

UnreadyCrab

09-06-2009

All that I'll say is the recommended item build they give you for him ingame is repulsive. Sheen? I mean come on wtf is that about!?! It's like they deliberately recommend **** items because they know if you go for the good ones you'll never die.

I play Sion like a tank, I get beserker boots rather than the swift ones, that might be nub but it works out well for me. Warmog's armor is a must, 7 hp per minion kill is retardedly good. Frozen Mallet ofc. Frozen seal is the only other good recommendation on the list, the armor is great, the mana very useful and the 20% ability cooldown means your target will be stunned 1/3rd of the time if you keep it up. That and having cannablism up faster is always useful.

I haven't played a game with sion that's lasted long enough to allow me to get more than this, I'd see myself getting phantom edge if I was the only tank for the dodge and support that the movement speed allows, or infinity edge if my team mates had a decent amount of juice in the tank.

Sion is totally insane.

poserdonut

09-06-2009

Any chance you could post all the items you get and in what order?

What kind of runes, masteries and spells do you run together with this? Focus on +hp and hp regen?

Whiplash

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnreadyCrab View Post
All that I'll say is the recommended item build they give you for him ingame is repulsive. Sheen? I mean come on wtf is that about!?! It's like they deliberately recommend **** items because they know if you go for the good ones you'll never die.

I play Sion like a tank, I get beserker boots rather than the swift ones, that might be nub but it works out well for me. Warmog's armor is a must, 7 hp per minion kill is retardedly good. Frozen Mallet ofc. Frozen seal is the only other good recommendation on the list, the armor is great, the mana very useful and the 20% ability cooldown means your target will be stunned 1/3rd of the time if you keep it up. That and having cannablism up faster is always useful.

I haven't played a game with sion that's lasted long enough to allow me to get more than this, I'd see myself getting phantom edge if I was the only tank for the dodge and support that the movement speed allows, or infinity edge if my team mates had a decent amount of juice in the tank.

Sion is totally insane.
Yea tank build is good, but not the way I play Sion as you can see from my build. I took a break from playing sion for a while and did a match yesterday. I totally decimated, I had 3 kills by time I was lvl 7 and by lvl 9 I had my frost mallet. Basically people couldn't run from me and i just rickrolled them. With my +55% crit dmg rune page, when I crit early game I hit for about 300 dmg. I get lucky and get 2 crits back to back, someone is dead.

Anyways the key to Sion is last hitting and playing smart. If you can outsmart your enemy and make money you can get really beefy and make people cry when they see you. My only problem with Sion is that he is slow, but the frost mallet takes care of that haha.

TenToedPete1

Adjudicator

09-06-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnreadyCrab View Post

sheen is really good on sion, as a 2nd or 3rd item. After casting stun your next hit does double damage. get a crit with it, and if what the OP was saying about 1k crits is right, you will drop a target so quick. Even without a crit, that hit with sheen up will be hitting for double damage.

Whiplash

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenToedPete View Post
sheen is really good on sion, as a 2nd or 3rd item. After casting stun your next hit does double damage. get a crit with it, and if what the OP was saying about 1k crits is right, you will drop a target so quick. Even without a crit, that hit with sheen up will be hitting for double damage.
Yea sheen is faily cheap and does add more dmg onto a hit. It adds double your base dmg, which I dont think it adds enrage as base.

Vindico Atrum

09-07-2009

What is stacking atmas? The passive is "UNIQUE", so it says 2% doesnt it? 3 atma's gives 2% health > damage, not 6?

I'm doing full on dmg build with sion atm, infinity edge first, one atmas, then 2 of those +18% crit things.

AI Assimilator

09-07-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsession View Post
What is stacking atmas? The passive is "UNIQUE", so it says 2% doesnt it? 3 atma's gives 2% health > damage, not 6?

I'm doing full on dmg build with sion atm, infinity edge first, one atmas, then 2 of those +18% crit things.
it probably was bugged at some point.

Kimmy Gibler

09-08-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by TenToedPete View Post
It's been tested that it is only doubles the base damage, not added damage from items.

Exerpt from the Sheen post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenite
Quote:
1. Sheen only doubles base damage. If I have 100 base damage just from leveling and then a fully charged Bloodthirster for +100 damage, an attack with Sheen active will do 100*2 + 100 = 300 damage NOT (100+100)*2 = 400 damage.

2. Sheen damage cannot crit. If I have 100 base damage and no damage items, a crit with Sheen active will do 100*2 +100 = 300 damage NOT (100*2)*2 = 400 damage.

So for the big whammy, if I have 100 base damage and 100 Bloodthirster damage, a crit with Sheen active will do (100+100)*2 +100 = 500 damage NOT (100+100)*2*2 = 800 damage.

Let's look at a really extreme example. Blitzcrank has the aforementioned 100 base damage and 100 Bloodthirster damage. He uses Power Fist which activates the Sheen buff. On his next attack, he crits for (100+100)*2+(100+100)+100=700 damage NOT (100+100)*2*2*2=1600 damage.

If you want to see the interaction between Sheen, +damage, and crits in action, I suggest playing a practice game with no masteries and runes as pirate. A level 16 pirate has 100 base damage, and Parrrley level 5 gives 100 bonus damage, perfect for following along with the example. Pick up a sheen and some crit % items and you can easily see how everything works by shooting minions (they don't have any armor).

I hope this helped clear up some misconceptions surrounding Sheen and helps you theorycraft some awesome builds!