Just Had An Amazing Experience...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS13436220630ac58a6c4a8

01-05-2011

So I joined a ranked solo queue game, around 1480 ELO on my main.

I am 3rd pick, and am really surprised when our first pick (Highest ELO remember, aside from duo queue apparently) chooses Gangplank.

I think "Wow, he must have that guy down pat to main him to this ELO". How ironically wrong I was.

So, he sucks. 40ish CS by 25 minutes, the rest of the team has 100+. He finishes with a score of 0/8/10. We lost of course.

So I query him in the results screen. "Gangplank, how could you possibly first pick as Gangplank and then suck? How did you get to this ELO?"

He replies "Cuz I wanted to". I reply "Any money you have 3 games played as him. Any money. I will check your profile." He says "Go ahead."

I check his profile. 1 win, 2 losses total. I burst out laughing and crying at the same time!

So weird.

REPLY : Wow. What I love most about all these white knights defending this Gangplank, is that if they had been in the same situation, there's not a shadow of a doubt that they would feel the same way I did. That being :

Don't Try Out Champs You Don't Know In Ranked.

Honestly, by defending this guy, you defend the notion that trying out champs you haven't played in ranked is fine.
Do you HONESTLY believe that? Despite your white knight, defend the new player BS?

Al3xander

01-05-2011

1. Despite the fact you played ranked, this is still just a game.

2. He probably didn't expected to do so poorly with gangplank. A good player can do ok with a new champ despite the fact he never played with him before. This probably wasn't his day.

toggle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xander View Post

2. He probably didn't expected to do so poorly with gangplank. A good player can do ok with a new champ despite the fact he never played with him before. This probably wasn't his day.

As a player who played Kassadin first in ranked. This is true. I dominated. Albeit I had watched others play him.

13eta

01-05-2011

You need to get out more. Your bar for "amazing experiences" is set, far, far too low.

Leonstrall

01-05-2011

i agree... if you find you have played against decant people you pick up strategies to use a character even if you haven't played them b4... but i don't like playing ranked with new champions... i like to go to practice games and play them at least 10 times b4 i consider if i belive i'm good enough to be useful in ranked

Blugyblug

01-05-2011

10 assists isnt too bad
Would you be on the forums if it were 10/8/0 or 5/8/5 ot 8/8/2 even though those scores are exactly the same? No

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al3xander View Post

No, if you arent gonna take ranked seriously, dont play it, because it ruins it for other people.

Yobber

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blugyblug View Post
10 assists isnt too bad
Would you be on the forums if it were 10/8/0 or 5/8/5 ot 8/8/2 even though those scores are exactly the same? No
But 40 creeps at 25 mins on GP is just terrible dude.

IS13436220630ac58a6c4a8

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blugyblug View Post
10 assists isnt too bad
Would you complain if Karthus sat in one lane all game and just used his ulti every cooldown? It's the same thing. Assists mean jack if you just global assist, with an unreliable one to boot.

Ventris

01-05-2011

just because hes got only 3 games of gp in ranked doesnt mean that he hasnt played him in normal 500 times....