Oh hey, I think I found an innate problem with caitlyns design!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kojiro Sasaki

01-05-2011

She works well as an auto attack champion, and her most used and powerful abilities scale off of AD, thats all cool and all...but....

Is there any other champion meant to be built like an auto attacker, that doesn't have abilities/steroids that give them a REASON to build as an auto attack champion? Let me be more specific here.

Teemo gets a poison effect for auto-attacking, and blinding dart blinds them, allowing you to continue auto-attacking. Move quick helps you get in and out of situations faster.

Miss fortune only has 1, but its a good one. Extra damage on one of her abilities, and reduced effectiveness of healing on them. Its a steroid ability that helps her auto-attacks.

a lot of champs (Irelia, Warwick, Olaf) Have built in life steal that makes auto-attacking much more profitable for them.

Master yi has a speed-up and slow negation, and an innate ability that gives his auto-attacks extra damage.

Caitlyn has only her passive. Her abilities do nothing to make her better at being an auto-attack champion, they're more like stand-alone abilities, forcing her to focus on multiple dimensions, and choose one or the other. She could probably deal more damage from continually auto-attacking, than she could if she stopped to use her Q, so there's no reason to. Same with all of her other abilities

TL;DR Caitlyn is some sort of crazy skill/auto attack mix, and it didn't work out properly.

Kojiro Sasaki

01-05-2011

Going to bed. gonna bump this once.

Eddy01741

01-05-2011

Riot tried to make a ranged physical caster, and failed. It's like a ranged version of pantheon, except her abilities aren't strong....

Spitƒire

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy01741 View Post
Riot tried to make a ranged physical caster, and failed. It's like a ranged version of pantheon, except her abilities aren't strong....
And she can't stun unless the enemy was stupid enough to walk into a small radius VISIBLE stun with a short duration.

Minishmaster

01-05-2011

Cait dps is like kennen dps. Technically, they have a steroid. But not really.

On the other hand, kennen also has a permastun with high attack speed, so...

ChewbaccaSauce

01-05-2011

They should make her passive happen more.

Eddy01741

01-05-2011

Lol, AS builds on kennen are fun. Since Kennen doesn't even scale well with AP, mpen+AS+zhonyas makes for a surprisingly effective build. I mean, it's not ideal, but really, with attack speed and zhonyas, you have all you need to be an epic stunbot as kennen.