Caitlyn - Champion Review

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spitƒire

01-05-2011

Please no whining, crying, or complaining. Just a breakdown of our newest champion compaired to others.

Piltover Peacemaker:
Decent Range
Small width (visual effect is larger then real damage width)
Medium/Small damage
Easily dodged due to charge time

Yordle Snap Trap:
Worst ability in the game
Terribly short stun duration
Only two can be placed (increase/remove cap or increase duration)
NO STEALTH
Laughable amount of damage

90 Caliber Net:
Pathetic range
Minimal damage
Minimal Slow
Terrible slow duration
Does not knockback enough for proper escape manuver and knocks back too much to actually CATCH people (due to **** slow amount/duration)

Ace in the Hole:
I would not call the range huge or the damage massive
Increase damage or increase range (not both)
Is treated as a 'normal' attack ... worthless versus most enemies (like Pantheon's shield)
The most obvious and noticable spell effect, channel needs to be shortened a little (easy to interrupt)

Headshot (Passive):
Extra damage is nice, but bugs Caitlyn's spells.

Overall ...

Very slow base movement, low health, low damage, skills shots EASY to avoid. Range is poor for most abilities. Net is a cross between a snare and an escape manuvear ... and fails at both.

Ult is great to take out squishy runners (if their tank isn't smart enough to get in the way).

Synergy is lacking. Snap trap barely even keeps the enemy in place long enough to cast Piltover Peacemaker (and that is assuming you are next to the enemy already ... not enough time to get closer and attack due to slow speed and short stun duration).

Bottomline:

Caitlyn can be fun to play, but has extremely limited use ... many other champions are a much greater help to the team.

Warbéar

01-05-2011

agree on some if not most things, thumbed up

Saruyan

01-05-2011

peacemaker is really the only thing keeping her from being utter trash imo.

Spitƒire

01-05-2011

I like the old ability set better, they work well together.

Passive: All-Points Bulletin
Killers of allied champions are revealed in the map for a duration.

Q: Aimed Shot
A channeled shot that deals more damage if the channel is complete. Also has increased range if channeled full. If Aimed Shot hits, cooldown is reduced. If Aimed Shot misses, Caitlyn is revealed to the enemy for a second.

W: Bulletproof Vest
Passive: Reduced damage and increased dodge from projectile/ranged attacks
Active: Double the resistance. On cooldown, Caitlyn's Bulletproof Vest is removed and will make her move faster.

E: Authority of Law
Fears the enemy. Shortly after, feared enemy cannot debuff Caitlyn. If Feared enemy deals damage to Caitlyn, she gains increased armor and magic resistance.

Ultimate: The Long Arm of Piltover
Channels for four seconds and tracks an enemy champion's position. The bullet will travel extremely fast, hitting minions and untargeted enemy champions. Grants double the gold and experience if she kills using The Long Arm.

IICrows ZeroII

01-05-2011

Agree on everything. Also the speed of the Ultimate's bullet should be buffed.

zGarchomp

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by GambitsEnd View Post

A channeled shot that deals more damage if the channel is complete. Also has increased range if channeled full. If Aimed Shot hits, cooldown is reduced. If Aimed Shot misses, Caitlyn is revealed to the enemy for a second.

Active: Double the resistance. On cooldown, Caitlyn's Bulletproof Vest is removed and will make her move faster.

Fears the enemy. Shortly after, feared enemy cannot debuff Caitlyn. If Feared enemy deals damage to Caitlyn, she gains increased armor and magic resistance.

Channels for four seconds and tracks an enemy champion's position. The bullet will travel extremely fast, hitting minions and untargeted enemy champions. Grants double the gold and experience if she kills using The Long Arm.
I really liked her passive and bulletproof vest.

Arwan

01-05-2011

i tried Trinity Force on Caytlin and it doesnt work well cos whenever i use a skill i got sheen buff not from trinity - weird

Koukami

01-05-2011

Quote:

Thiiiiissssss

Would be a much better champion than this one.

Blixa Bargeld

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwan View Post
i tried Trinity Force on Caytlin and it doesnt work well cos whenever i use a skill i got sheen buff not from trinity - weird
Trololo.

Siegfryd

01-05-2011

Quote:

This was never going to be her skillset, it was just something that someone made up.