Your NEW elo system (FINAL VERSION)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angel0FChaos

01-04-2011

I belive something like this might have been suggested. Im not sure but I'd love a RED to take a look and provide some thoughts. This was taking a small amount of elo from a leaver, and giving it to the rest of his team that stayed. Yes you would still lose ELO for the lose but not as much. It would work like this:

Team A.......................NORMAL ELO LOSE................NEW SYSTEM ELO LOSE
Player 1(leaver):...........................20........... .........................................40
Player 2..........................................20..... ...............................................15
Player 3..........................................20..... ...............................................15
Player 4..........................................20..... ...............................................15
Player 5..........................................20..... ...............................................15

As you can see, the leaver is punished by gaining double the elo lose, and your team is rewarded with his elo divided among the rest of the team.
Also could work if you have a leaver on your team, but still somehow pull of the win. Cause I belive if you still manage to overcome a leaver on your team, you deserve some credit here.

Team A............................NORMAL ELO GAIN.....................NEW SYSTEM ELO GAIN
Player 1(leaver):...........................-20................................................ ...-40
Player 2...........................................15.... .................................................2 0
Player 3...........................................15.... .................................................2 0
Player 4...........................................15.... .................................................2 0
Player 5...........................................15.... .................................................2 0

I think this would help to curve players from leaving as well as keep ELO gains/loses more
accurate to players. A player should not lose ELO for a rage leaver. But it happens. This isnt a huge differance but would help the situation. This would only be applied to leavers in game, NOT queue dodgers. Also I think more attention needs to be addressed to AFKers, as now we are getting less leavers and more AFKers. Though this is another topic.

Please provide some feedback and upvote till we get some reds attention =D

Cozalt

01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel0FChaos View Post
I belive something like this might have been suggested. Im not sure but I'd love a RED to take a look and provide some thoughts. This was taking a small amount of elo from a leaver, and giving it to the rest of his team that stayed. Yes you would still lose ELO for the lose but not as much. It would work like this:

Team A.......................NORMAL ELO LOSE................NEW SYSTEM ELO LOSE
Player 1(leaver):...........................20........... .........................................40
Player 2..........................................20..... ...............................................15
Player 3..........................................20..... ...............................................15
Player 4..........................................20..... ...............................................15
Player 5..........................................20..... ...............................................15

Also could work if you have a leaver on your team, but still somehow pull of the win. Cause I belive if you still manage to overcome a leaver on your team, you deserve some credit here.

Team A............................NORMAL ELO GAIN.....................NEW SYSTEM ELO GAIN
Player 1(leaver):...........................-20................................................ ...-40
Player 2...........................................15.... .................................................2 0
Player 3...........................................15.... .................................................2 0
Player 4...........................................15.... .................................................2 0
Player 5...........................................15.... .................................................2 0

I think this would help to curve players from leaving as well as keep ELO gains/loses more
accurate to players. A player should not lose ELO for a rage leaver. But it happens. This isnt a huge differance but would help the situation. This would only be applied to leavers in game, NOT queue dodgers. Also I think more attention needs to be addressed to AFKers, as now we are getting less leavers and more AFKers. Though this is another topic.

Please provide some feedback and upvote till we get some reds attention =D
It's not exactly how it works though. Not everyone loses the same rating (aka 20 in your examples)

How much you gain or lose depends on your games played and your elo, but I see where you're going with this.

Angel0FChaos

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozalt View Post
It's not exactly how it works though. Not everyone loses the same rating (aka 20 in your examples)

How much you gain or lose depends on your games played and your elo, but I see where you're going with this.
True, but I wanted to keep my examples as clear and simple as possibe.

Brustwarze

01-05-2011

so guys who lose often wont have ever a chance to climb up that ranked bcz of some stupid moron stayin afk? afk isnt a leaver... its more important to punish em than leaver...

Angel0FChaos

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brustwarze View Post
so guys who lose often wont have ever a chance to climb up that ranked bcz of some stupid moron stayin afk? afk isnt a leaver... its more important to punish em than leaver...
Yes I do relize there is a big problem with afkers, thats why I mentioned it in my OP, not sure if you read that. And yes Riot needs to address this, and make certain amount of afking count as a leave. Then this system could be applied to AFKers as well.
But as of right now and due to the way the system for LoL is, this topic is aimed at leavers.

ChuiChu

01-05-2011

my very first ranked was my only leave... cuz those *******s banned my 1 main

300 normal games since and 6+ mains under my belt im finally set

Angel0FChaos

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuiChu View Post
my very first ranked was my only leave... cuz those *******s banned my 1 main

300 normal games since and 6+ mains under my belt im finally set
Congrats =D, wish more people were like you.
You should like my system then.

Angel0FChaos

01-05-2011

Bumping for more input.

Talking Socks

01-05-2011

So we gotta bully as many people possible into leaving to raise our Elo.

Ya sounds like a great idea to me.

Angel0FChaos

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking Socks View Post
So we gotta bully as many people possible into leaving to raise our Elo.

Ya sounds like a great idea to me.
If you bully a teamate into leaving, then your now a 4v5 and more then likely going to lose....
Which means still losing ELO.