Would you like to see this item implemented?

Yes 3 27.27%
No 8 72.73%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

SUGGESTION (Item) - Emberlit Orb

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HClCaSaT

01-04-2010

Hi! I am posting this item as a suggestion for your consideration! I hope you will comment and/or vote!

EMBERLIT ORB

Appearance: Slate grey sphere with tiny rivulets and mounds of burning embers visible on the surface. Minor smoke rises from these embers.

Requires
Kage's Lucky Pick (765g)

Amplifying Tome (435g)

Cloth Armor (400g)

Recipe (900g)

Provides
+60 AP

+15% Dodge

Unique Passive: Adds a (8-15% - Requires Testing) chance for any numerical spell effect to be doubled. AOE or otherwise multi-target spells have their effect increased by only 65%. Each target of such spells, and each tick of DOT spells has its own chance to gain this bonus. Does not effect spell durations, only numerical effects applied during the normal duration.

Thanks for looking!

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Spell crits on champs like Veigar, Ryze, Heimer are a major nono. Veigar can already land 1K nukes on people I would rather not get 1 shot due to RNG.

EchoRex

01-04-2010

That sounds like it would be a whole **** ton of extra coding, but what about a 8-15% chance to double cast the spell/ability with AoE spell double casts being reduced by 50% damage?

Sounds like a rather interesting basis for an item to buff mages though, will be interesting to see what others think. Personally I'd like something approximating your idea, but could see some balance issues with some very short or very long cooldown spells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
Spell crits on champs like Veigar, Ryze, Heimer are a major nono. Veigar can already land 1K nukes on people I would rather not get 1 shot due to RNG.
Nunu, personally, would be far more frightening if spell crits or full/near full damage double casts are implemented.

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echo7 View Post
That sounds like it would be a whole **** ton of extra coding, but what about a 8-15% chance to double cast the spell/ability with AoE spell double casts being reduced by 50% damage?
You just reminded me how fun mutlicasts on Ogre Magi were. I can't say any other ability has caused so many giddy laughs for me. Not sure how that would work out in LoL, though.

TiV3

01-04-2010

I want oracle hood and critrate/AP hybrid items :/

Kingkalif

01-07-2010

The crit doesn't look too bad except that the latest patch reduce again the HP from items. Because of that, this may become quite imba. About the dodge, 15% on this kind of item is way too much, in fact, I think that an item like that will unbalance heroes like Kassadin or Evelynn who are already very strong and uneasy to catch.

BTW, I would be happy if more big items would need +5g/10sec items to build and the same for the starting items with +120 HP like Doran's shield.

LuckyBeat

01-11-2010

I think it's to powerful and if dulled down a bit it would be a good addition to the game but if it wasnt made weaker a definate no.