Swain = hardest champ ever

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jath

01-05-2011

I honestly didn't realize he was considered hard. I main him as he's my favorite champ and don't find him real difficult to play. It must just be the style I prefer. If you need any help, just let me know. I love the champ. I don't think he needs a buff at all either.

DustySkull

01-05-2011

early game if u have a range carry in mid (other than ez) u will destroy him without lvl 6
if u meet a mage there or ez u will need lvl 6 to destroy him
simply swain is strong in his lane coz of his passive
so u just harras all day W E Q and then regen mana
ur spell order is R>E>Q>W and get all 3 spells at lvl 3
build RoA > spirit visage , then go w.e u want but u really need spirit visage for ur ult and some nice CD there
also.. if u build him tanky with lil ap
like RoA spirit visage the new item (the one gives armor) abyssal scepter maybe rylais
with this build u can ignore the tanks sit in between their entire team tanking and killing their squishies with one combo

(BLUE BUFF IS REALLY IMPORTANT FOR HIM)

TehGus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyMastini View Post
How the heck do you play him?
You don't play him.
Go play Cassiopeia with lots of Spell Vamp instead.

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

champions can look easy but can be very hard.

for example a casiopia was dominating me in a lane and it looked very easy so because she was free that week i decided to try her in a practise game and boy did i fail.

Tenant

Friend of Urf

01-05-2011

Lots of Cho'gath experience from my younger years of playing LoL definitely helped with Swain, as similarly to Cho, you are rewarded greatly for learning how to last hit and land your AoE CC, making Swain a laning beast just like Cho'gath.

My experience with Cho probably made the transition to playing Swain pretty easy.

Monty Mastini

01-05-2011

OP here. Thanks for the replies... lots of good advice in this thread.

I just played a few more games with him and this last game I got to start at mid for the first time. Ended up going 15-3-11... I think I'm getting a little better and used to leading his root spell.

I find Archangel's to be awesome on him... Tears is the initial item I build when I go back the first time.

Also, people are gonna hate but I used 3x Gold quints + the gold mastery for this game. It seemed to help quite a bit.