Swain = hardest champ ever

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monty Mastini

01-04-2011

How the heck do you play him? I can't get good at all. I just feed relentlessly. His root spell is easy for them to dodge because it has a delay. He can't farm well except late game with his ultimate. Basically you have to get a couple lucky kills early on and try to snowball from there with Soulstealer.

I wanna get good with him because I saw this one dude in my 500 Elo get 33 kills with him. He absolutely dominated the game and was getting double and triple kills in team fights like they were nothing.

I know he's a good champ but the learning curve is huge.

MGLunarking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyMastini View Post
How the heck do you play him? I can't get good at all. I just feed relentlessly. His root spell is easy for them to dodge because it has a delay. He can't farm well except late game with his ultimate. Basically you have to get a couple lucky kills early on and try to snowball from there with Soulstealer.

I wanna get good with him because I saw this one dude in my 500 Elo get 33 kills with him. He absolutely dominated the game and was getting double and triple kills in team fights like they were nothing.

I know he's a good champ but the learning curve is huge.
I've been considering the thought of buying him, is he really that hard?

Monty Mastini

01-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGLunarking View Post
I've been considering the thought of buying him, is he really that hard?
Yes.

Of course you'll get a bunch of "meh, he's easy, just do this and that" kinda replies from the kids, but yes, he's one of the most difficult yet rewarding champs.

Vienna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2011

wqeeereqe, try to have golem as much as possible

optional items between
rylai's to chase
roa if you don't need anything else
deathfire for damage
zhonya's for survival
early spirit visage if necessary

remember that your e increases all sources of damage, including ignite and deathfire. remember that your tankiness comes from regen, so always be sure to keep track of ignite cooldowns.

Grand Treason

01-04-2011

Well, your root is the strongest skill you have in your arsenal, so you better learn how to land it properly. To farm, Swain's attack animation is one of the easier times to last hit with, so practice. One you hit 6, use your Ult on a creep wave for 2-3 hits, smack then with your Nevermove and hit them a bit, and you should be able to get a lot of them in.

Also, consider using your lazerbird to slow them before landing a root. Once you got the hang of it, Swain becomes a pretty rewarding disabling champ even though he's not the best caster in the world.

Belarock

01-04-2011

He isnt that hard. I think nid is much harder.

DO NOT forget to turn off r, or you will have mana issues. Open up with either q or e, depending on your current range (q has a smaller range). W is fairly easy to place, as long as you arent at max range.

He is rather under played for how decent he is. Not a cent over powered, almost perfectly balanced.

Threads

Adjudicator

01-04-2011

skill priorities
R > E > Q > W

take one level of W at either level 2 or level 4.

Start with a DRing.
harass with E
last hit effectively to keep your mana up.

Buy a second ring and boots.
buy combination offensive and defensive items (Rylai, RoA, Zhonya, Mercs/CDR boots/Banksy/AS)
sell rings when the time comes.

ummm...
get experience

Sc3ptor

01-04-2011

I personally tend to go with his snare first.

It does pretty decent damage and its a great harasser.

30swords

01-04-2011

try casting his root spell just at the back fringe of them then they have to run to you or the side or gety rooted then u can lazer bird them

Boatman Choosy

01-04-2011

Rush deathfire and you will have your quick high hp-death combo down. Get kills from this to snowball into late game.

12345 ... 6