Anyone know a good counter Champion for Shacco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

flat eric

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solus View Post
Shaco is easily countered via vision wards. One vision ward in every lane around level 6-ish usually results in shaco being out-right killed if he tries to gank someone. Most Shaco will decieve from the bushes and run up on someone, rather than run up on them and then decieve. So usually you can see him coming via vision ward and shut him down completely.

A shaco that doesn't get fed early on is a fairly weak shaco, as he can't farm worth a ****.

Edit: to answer the OP's question, vision wards and a stun will easily counter Shaco early game. After that just get Warden's mail/thornmail if he becomes that much of a problem. Though, without the plethora of early game kills, he rarely becomes that much of a nuisance until end-game, where your tanks have oracles and if you're smart, will have vision wards along the lanes.
Countered by vision wards and easily countered are two different things. Like, do you realize you just proved my point? When you face a good Shaco you have to by see invis wards. And if he gets a few kills early you need to adjust items? What other hero do you have to do that for...
It's easy to say "just don't let him kill anyone" but that does nothing to disprove he's probably the best hero in the game. Sure he's not impossible, but that doesn't mean he isn't way too good

Look at the amount of abilities he has and look at other high level carries, they don't come nearly as close

JayceJa

01-05-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat eric View Post
And if he gets a few kills early you need to adjust items? What other hero do you have to do that for...
pretty much every champion in the game, if they get fed you will have to alter your items to counter them

Jaxian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2010

I personally think that the problem with Shaco is that he is simply too difficult to kill. Let's examine Rammus as a counter to Shaco, for example.

It is true that Rammus can taunt Shaco, and if he is able to taunt Shaco, and if it is a fair fight, then Shaco is going to be in some trouble. But I don't think Rammus should be able to easily taunt a good Shaco in a situation where the fight is fair. In reality, Rammus will not likely be able to initiate combat with Shaco because Shaco can blink away when danger is approaching, and there are very few situations where this blink will not put Shaco into real safety. Even in the unlikely situation that Rammus is able to chase Shaco a very long distance, having the chance to catch him, Shaco can put down a fear-trap to stop Rammus. Rammus should not often be able to taunt Shaco at a bad time.

On the other hand, it is very easy for Shaco to initiate combat: just blink in. This gives him the freedom to choose when to fight against Rammus, and he will choose to fight when the opportunity is good. Because of the heavy damage that Shaco can deal, and because his ultimate is so powerful, having this benefit of choice is all Shaco should need to defeat Rammus. In a team fight, Shaco is again free to choose when and where to jump into the fight, can almost control when Rammus uses his taunt and where Rammus is forced to move in order to counter.

I don't think that this is very different with other tanks/stunners.

I think that it is possible to avoid being killed by a good Shaco, but to do this, a team must not give him any good opportunity to initiate combat. That is very difficult to do, limits offensive options, and really mandates a team with multiple stunners. I think that it's possible to kill a good Shaco, but it requires stuns and surprise.

Overall, I think that Shaco's ability to choose his fights, jump in and deal incredible damage, combined with his high survivability in almost every situation takes away too many options from the enemy team, forces them to take a very defensive position that is either impossible to organize for the novice team or difficult to accomplish anything with for the experienced team.

I don't think one champion counters Shaco, it's a team thing, and it's very difficult to do.

Kthuuluu

01-05-2010

Actually I find most of the stealthers are defeated by map awareness and team coordination (I.E play with peeps on vent/skype)

Shaco is a melee assassin. his decieve lasts for 4 seconds....4 seconds. even with a blink he needs to come at you out of the bushes, and even than a little "poof" appears when he uses the ability. when he pops out stun/exhaust/blind him, and it's GG bye bye shaco. IF you are without stuns/blinds/exhausts.... than your team is garbage and you need a better line up/players.