Anyone know a good counter Champion for Shacco?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Felipethegreat

01-03-2010

I have used Singed to counter Shacco and it seems to work well. Does anyone else have advice about someone else?

And please DO NOT say Rhyze... Rhyze can rip almost any Champion in seconds if he sees them first. But if Shacco gets the initiative Rhyze can be in trouble. Especially when Shacco has his ult and Rhyze stacked ability power (aka Rhyze has no hp).

OpenSource

01-03-2010

Malphite works well for me against shaco. He brings plenty of CC and AoE with him and that helps a lot when facing shaco + clone. I usually go for hybrid tank/dps build with him though. If you go for a pure tank build instead, you might need another team mate to deal the damage while u keep him disabled.

IceDive

01-03-2010

I must say this experience is only after a few games, but I love DPS Kayle vs any assassin. If you cast your ulti as soon as they appear, they can't kill you in the couple of second they usualy do, rendering them compeltely useless. Slowing him and than beating the **** out of him works very well.

JunkRamen

01-03-2010

The same counter to many melee carries - Rammus.

KinKs

01-03-2010

I play Shaco a lot...

Twisted Fate is the best hero to shut him down. Use ult to reveal and slow, stun with gold and hit with wild cards...with a decent build hes really easy to shut down ( i play TF a lot as well and never have much trouble with a shaco even as squishy as TF us)

Rammus is ok but not the best...especially if its an ap Shaco. Shaco is more hit and run than most melee champs so rammus isnt quite as effective for killing but has good survivability against shaco.

Kass is really good...He has a silence that deals damage and phase walk to catch up on a decieve...

A lot of champs can counter well but i find them the best

Either that or get a ****load of health and youll be right

JunkRamen

01-03-2010

It's not so much Rammus killing Shaco as it is Rammus using Taunt + curl while Shaco can't do anything for 3 seconds. Shaco who can't Deceive = dead Shaco.

Pickles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Rammus, next question.

EchoRex

01-04-2010

Rammus, Alistar, Cho'gath, Kayle, Anivia, Mundo, Blitzcrank. And any high movespeed champion with an Oracle, Deceive doesn't last long enough for them to escape usually, 500+ movespeed is easily obtained on a few champions and completely ruins Shaco's hit and run ganks.

flat eric

01-04-2010

Shaco only has one fairly good counter in Rammus, which is really too bad because Shaco's overpowered as ****.

Almost all heroes have more than one way to counter them, but Shaco literally has everything. Tons of damage early game through late game, an amazing escape in his ult (that also eats up Ashe's stun, which is bull****) and AOE crowd control.

Get used to one good Shaco taking out whole teams that aren't above averagely careful, because it's really unlikely Pendragon is going to nerf his little baby anytime soon

Solus

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by flat eric View Post
Shaco only has one fairly good counter in Rammus, which is really too bad because Shaco's overpowered as ****.

Almost all heroes have more than one way to counter them, but Shaco literally has everything. Tons of damage early game through late game, an amazing escape in his ult (that also eats up Ashe's stun, which is bull****) and AOE crowd control.

Get used to one good Shaco taking out whole teams that aren't above averagely careful, because it's really unlikely Pendragon is going to nerf his little baby anytime soon
Because everyone knows that Pendragon makes all the decisions, right? Or that he even works on the champions(Last I checked, he didn't.) Shaco is easily countered via vision wards. One vision ward in every lane around level 6-ish usually results in shaco being out-right killed if he tries to gank someone. Most Shaco will decieve from the bushes and run up on someone, rather than run up on them and then decieve. So usually you can see him coming via vision ward and shut him down completely.

A shaco that doesn't get fed early on is a fairly weak shaco, as he can't farm worth a ****.

Edit: to answer the OP's question, vision wards and a stun will easily counter Shaco early game. After that just get Warden's mail/thornmail if he becomes that much of a problem. Though, without the plethora of early game kills, he rarely becomes that much of a nuisance until end-game, where your tanks have oracles and if you're smart, will have vision wards along the lanes.