A Comprehensive Guide of our Current Guides

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryoshi

08-10-2009

I have combined most of the character guides into one Word document for anyone who wants to take the guides on the go. I hope this doesn't break the NDA, but I wanted to make things easier.

I took what I deemed the single best guide of all the characters we have guides for.

I hope in later versions I can add different builds for all the characters. I hope you all find this useful. If you need this in a different format (.doc .jpeg) let me know.

Here is the list of guides we lack

Karthus
Sion
Cho'gath
Evelynn
Morgana
Twitch
Jax
Singed

If I have forgotten anyone let me know. I'll work on this guide a bit more tomorrow. I hope you all enjoy!

Toriniku

Adjudicator

08-10-2009

I think I love you.

Great job.

Lollerman

08-10-2009

Don't like this; champs who have multiple guides usually have different builds or emphasis, such as AP v.s. Tank v.s. DPS builds for the same champ (admittedly, no such champion exists, but Jax sort of counts)

Don't bother going through all the trouble of putting them into one file, it'll just be information overload.

You could, alternatively, produce a cookie-cutter frankenstein guide for all champs, with simple one liners or dot points, no elaborate skill/rune/mastery builds, just basic of basics. An example of such an extract could look like "Annie relies on her stun to get kills" or "Lich spams Lay Waste (Q) to lock down a lane".

Meh, I would write guides, but I'm dead certain my pub guides are useless.

Edit: upon actually downloading the file... this has its uses!

Ryoshi

08-10-2009

As I said, I did this all in about an hour.

I plan on making the next version with more builds and the cookie cutter builds. I just know the guide forum is a bit jumbled and this also creates a portable guide for you to take. It will hold you over till you can get your LoL fix.

Master0Puppets

Banned

08-10-2009

Ryoshi there is a singed guide

Called (tank)singed in this forums

Also evelynn has like three guides on these forums I think

Ryoshi

08-10-2009

Ah you are correct, and I seemed to have forgotten Soraka as well. Well to err is to be human. I will update the guide tomorrow.

Teran

08-11-2009

Well done.

Kind of in the vein of what Lollerman was saying, there's another Tristana guide aside from the one I wrote that offers a different perspective with different suggestions for item builds, skill order, and play style in general. It promotes a more traditional style of play.

[Guide] Tristana and Carrying.

I don't know if the writer is maintaining it as the game changes or not but a lot of the things he talks about are fundamentals that aren't likely to change. His guide and strategies follow a bit more conventional path versus mine which outlines a more high risk/high reward play style.

Oh and one last thought, maybe you should put in links to these guides on your original forum post so people can directly connect to their preferred guide and catch any updates or potential discussions that happened in the guide's thread.

Floatzel

08-11-2009

there is a singed guide....

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-11-2009

Guide for Evelynn

Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q

Lollerman

08-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Guide for Evelynn

Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Q
Says I can't do that, something about no target.