Viable Malphite builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tnemlec

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
Well, using the build in your post, it wont.

Use this spell build

Q
W
Q
W
Q
R
Q
E
Q
E
R
W
W
W
E
R
E
E

With the carry item build you will be constantly critting people for 500, 700 dmg with 5 ranks of W on, you can also level towers incredibly fast with W
i tried this as well, i've been using the typical stack armor and hp/ MR build on malphite, but this "carry" build is lots of fun, hes not lying, you WILL crit around 700-1000 easily with W.

Epistemic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2010

I use this build:
Amor Of Love
Beginning: Rejuv. Bead + 2 Mana Pots (290)
Level 6: Warden's Mail( Bead + Cloth Armor(200) + Chainmail(700) = 1400)
Boots ( 350)
Chalice Of Harmony(Meki's (390) + Null Magic Mantle (400) = 890)
Ninja Tabi (Boots + Cloth Armor(300) = 850)
Glacial Shroud(Cloth Armor(300) + Sage's Ring(975) = 1775)
Frozen Heart(Chainmail(700) = 1125)
Negatron (740) / Catalyst(Ruby Crystal(475) + Sapphire Crystal(400) =1325)
Banshee's Veil(650)
----Games Going Over 40 Minutes----
Frozen Mallet (3290)
Sell Chalice - Guardian Angel (2500)

Skills:
1. Seismic Shard
2. Ground Slam
3. Brute Force
4. Ground Slam
5. Ground Slam
6. Unstoppable Force
7. Ground Slam
8. Seismic Shard
9. Ground Slam
10. Brute Force
11. Unstoppable Force
12. Seismic Shard
13. Seismic Shard
14. Seismic Shard
15. Brute Force
16. Unstoppable Force
17. Brute Force
18. Brute Force

Got it from this guide:
http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=38291

I have played games with this build where I could take up to 3 people on at once. Highly recommend that you try it.

JunkRamen

01-04-2010

If you build as a tank you can't stick with one set build. You have to prioritize based on what champions your opponent is running, who's at mid, how well you're farming, etc. I've never built carry Malphite so I can't really comment there... to me there doesn't seem to be much reason to play carry Malph unless to try to surprise your opponent.

omgacow

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokkaido View Post
Just played a game that lasted up until 5 minutes after I finished your build. I was criting for 800's and basically as soon as i finished my phantom dance ther surrendered cause i was hitting so much. Fun build lol
Yup, many people underestimate malphite as a carry, which makes me sad

On a side note, do not initiate with your ultimate if you are going carry build

Wait for a tank to initiate then ult in there E and W and kill the squishies

Hokkaido

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkRamen View Post
If you build as a tank you can't stick with one set build. You have to prioritize based on what champions your opponent is running, who's at mid, how well you're farming, etc. I've never built carry Malphite so I can't really comment there... to me there doesn't seem to be much reason to play carry Malph unless to try to surprise your opponent.
Any time I build as a tank I always change how I build depending if they are tank heavy, casters, physical dps, or ranged. I am just asking for other builds that might be better all around that I could change depending on the situation.

xailion

Recruiter

01-04-2010

I usually do my Malphite in the Jungle.

Runes = +40 Armor, or +18 Armor/+25% Attack Speed.

Mastery I usually do 21/9 with My first rune setup, or 21/1/8 for my attack speed, (subbing Greed for 1 point in the +2 armor talent.

My final build would probably be something like.

Madred's Bloodrazors
Boots of Mobility
Phantom Dancer
Blood Thirster
Infinity Edge
Phantom Dancer

But I usually don't make it much farther than the B.F. sword for BT before we win.

****ing insane I tell you.

EDIT: Skill-wise, I go : R > E > W > Q, If my lanemates are doing spectacular, and do not require much ganking, I usually wait until 7-8 before picking up my ult.

I try no to put points in Q skill, but almost every game I end up trying to gank 2 people at level 7, and level up after killing one. I dump a point into Q @ 8 to finish chasing the other guy I'm attacking. Always level 8 lol, dunno why.

xKLG

01-04-2010

Don't play Malphite if you want to be a carry or DPS. Like most tanks, you should probably rush Aegis and then get some Merc Treads. Frozen Mallet, Guardian Armor, Banshee's Veil, Atma's Impaler, and sometimes Sunfire Cape or even Stark's can be useful. Obviously you can't get all of those items. Use your brain and get the item that suits the game you are playing.

tnemlec

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgacow View Post
Yup, many people underestimate malphite as a carry, which makes me sad

On a side note, do not initiate with your ultimate if you are going carry build

Wait for a tank to initiate then ult in there E and W and kill the squishies
i love playing malphite, of course, he rocks as a tank, however it does give surprising results playing him as a carry

Malphite doesnt require lots of items to hit hard, all u need is pretty much a B.F sword and a good % of crit, hit W and u will crit around 500 ish easily. He have stun, snare, and attack speed debuff, which makes him a good killer, which a lot of people have overlooked.

I tried going:

Avarice Blade
Boots of your choice (Berserkers or mercury or swiftness....etc, depends on game)
Last Whisper
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Zeal > Phantom Dancer (But most of the time, game ends when i get zeal or before that)
Item of your choice afterwards.

I realize that this build is not that strong early game, and requires careful laning, but
I noticed that by end game i have 70+% crit chance by end game, and i am critting over 900 easily. Even tanks will die in a few hits. Your enemies would not try to stand toe to toe with you once they eat one of your crits. Then once they start running, they're gonna be your food. You have your ult, your snare to chase and kill...etc.

This is just another style of playing malphite, and its rather fun. I wouldnt say he sucks as a carry, i think hes quite viable as a carry because he is extremely hard hitting with the said items. I can stand toe to toe with Tryndamere and still win simply because i have much bigger crits. Big crits combined with Malphite's other abilities makes him a force to be reckoned with.

But of course, the "carry" malphite takes a bit of skill to use, as timing of diff abilities means life and death in most situations.

Mpalm

01-04-2010

Here's a guide I wrote up on Malphite:

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...e+-+Rock+Solid

It's got basically everything you need to play a competitive malph.

bobthegood

01-04-2010

Well, the items look good on paper, but a tank with no +HP items besides banshees (which isn't that much)? I would hold off on the frozen heart and get Sunfire because combined with your stomp you can farm better. You can get frozen after sunfire because it is also good.

Also, ppl have tank malphite and dps malphite, but what about triforce malphite? Get Sheen -> BF -> Trinity -> Infinity. Activate brutal strikes, Ult attack, Stomp attack, Shard attack. You do great burst dmg and triforce gives you +hp, +mp, +move, its filled with goodies.