early game versus ranged champions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClassicRock

01-03-2010

I am finding that I have alot of trouble versus ranged champions early game. Mainly I play blitzcrank but it is applicable to other champions as well.

So I need to get some last hits, but in order to do that i need to get close to the pile or creeps. When this happens i start getting harassed by the ranged hero. Early game, I cant take this, especially ashe's cone.

Now with blitz the counter should be his grab, but the ranged heroes hide behind their minions and if I get into range, they dance away, out of my seemingly shortened range.

What is the strategy to get last hits in early game against ranged champions? As it stands I get really behind now by their harassing. and seem to only have a good game when im against melee heros or bad ranged heroes

---
If you want to paint a room yellow, and have 3 cans of paint: Orange, Blue, and Green, What do you do?

Satyr Saint

01-03-2010

With Ashe's cone, I usually hide behind my own minions and jump out for just a second to last-hit, or last-hit over my minion's shoulders. I also have trouble with this, though, and if I'm laning 1v1 against a ranged opponent, or 2 melee v 2 ranged, I usually just ask for a lane switch.

Tpyo

01-04-2010

your blizcrank, you should be the king of the early game. Don't auto attack the creeps, let them come over to your tower so that any pulls force them into tower range. Flash is pretty amazing on blitzcrank and exhaust is good for early kills right after you grab them (rally is nice too). blitz does pretty well 2v2, since his grab makes a very nice 2v1, just get someone that can either stun or do a lot of dps. Also bushes are your friends, even when they know you are in there.

JunkRamen

01-04-2010

A lot of it has to do with your laning partner and who you're actually laning against. Against a good Teemo or Ashe it may be helpless but if you have the right partner they can babysit you to an extent. As Blitzcrank you shouldn't really be doing that bad during laning though. Rocket Grip is a huge threat and you need to make sure they know it.

Hedgepig

01-04-2010

Yeah, Move into the bush. This widens your zone of control immensely as blitz. Also, threaten them with hook by moving around the edge of the creep clash, to get them scared of you. This is really more of a problem with someone like eve who is squishy, short range, and needs to be farmed well early in the game.
In that sort of situation, just eye the creeps, move in as late as you can to hit one, and move back. Don't try to last hit the last creep, and don't try for the ones that are far away. Sometimes you just have to give up some control to avoid feeding them 20 creeps worth of gold and exp by dying. Once you get a few levels, you'll probably be able to put out enough threat (since melee champs generally do more damage). Then since you have conserved your heath, you can coordinate a little harassment on the other team. If you badly wound them, they'll have to play more conservatively as well and you can gain lane control for a while.
In general in this type of game, it can be worth ceding something to the other team so that you can save resources (health/cd's) for a more opportune time.

Lastly, on blitz I've had some luck getting a bead and bangle for mixed regen at first. you can later build this into a tiamat, soul shroud, or some lifesteal. (I like tiamat, even though its not great, for synergy using powerfist and his ult passive to farm) The regen helps you move in to last hit, get hit, and regenerate by the time your next last hit chance comes up. You can also use powerfist to last hit a creep before your enemies expect you to move up to the line.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Either hide in the bushes and scare them or use your knock up for 2x damage when it's up.