Wanting to try out Sion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Floffawaffagus

01-03-2010

OK so I'm relatively new to the game. I've played dota and have been relatively successful at it. Just an fyi.

So I've tried Barbarian King and Tryndamere is a dream come true haha, he's a fun hero, still getting him down but i think my build is starting to come together.

Anyway, I saw Sion and just the look of him wanted to make me play him, that axe is sick. His spells look powerful and his health and dmg are both pretty high. I just need some background information cuz i havent really found great guides or anything.

Here are some basic questions:
1. Is he a hero that you definitely want to stack AP with or is that just a gimmick?
2. What is he really? e.g. tank, figher?
3. If there is a decent guide, please link me to it.
4. If there isnt a guide or if someone can just give me a few pointers on a few things, like:
a. Final Item Build
b. Order of getting abilities
c. General Playstyle
d. Do you need to get AP (like i said earlier) or can you just get him normal fighter/tank items.
e. This might be getting redundant, but what should i be looking for in items? e.g. atk spd, dmg, crit, mana, armor, health etc.

Thank you for any Replies.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Seriously? There's 3 Sion build threads on the top page in this forum alone. There's also a search button...

Floffawaffagus

01-03-2010

ohhh didnt see the search button, ok well if anyone wanted to answer any of those questions for ****s and giggles that'd be helpful, just any advice really.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Sigh!

1. It is one option for a build. Option I prefer, honestly, as he gets great AP ratios and his shield can turn into a money making machine very quickly.
2. Tank/Mage or Tank/Fighter or Fighter/Mage ... some combination depending on itemization.
3. Too many.
4. All depend on your build, AP or physical DPS or tanking.

One warning, he has 200 mana to start.

ShloobeR

01-03-2010

Sion is one of the most versatile champs in the game because he can be ultra tanky, DPS or AP. Generally thought, his DPS game is a bit weak at the beginning because he is really really disgustingly slow. He makes up for this by being really really disgustingly hard to kill.

Ap Sion is an amazing farmer, if you have a good start you will be one shotting entire waves of creeps with your shield, this causes your health to rocket up quickly (you only need enrage to be ON, you dont need to physically hit the creeps), he has no mana problems unless you rely on Cryptic Gaze a lot (that thing eats mana), so when I play AP Sion I typically just Max out Enrage and Shield (1 level of Stun).

I find Mejai's an incredibly useful thing for Sion... as you kill your shield get stronger, this means that you get health bonuses from enrage and shield REALLY fast, to the point where you can reach the midgame and have too much health for anyone to do anything about it.

I haven't played much with DPS Sion but I generally see them start off slower but benefit a lot in the late game, AP Sion tends to dominate the mid game