Twitch change suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReadInPeace

01-03-2010

Hey all,

NOTE: The idea in this post was considered not good. See post #3 for the real deal.

I'd like to make Twitch more of a glass cannon, more counterable and more complex to use while retaining his deadliness. Note, I do not play Twitch, I don't have him, but I did play against him and on his side a couple of times.

Let's make it so his Ult drains his HP. A moderate amount per shot (scales with his Ult). Say, 10/15/25 HP per shot. The numbers are just examples, of course.

This wouldn't be handled as damage, but as negative HP regen, so Kayle couldn't shield him from it. If this is possible at all.

This would not only make him more counterable, it'd make him harder to use. You couldn't go all out attack speed and damage and steamroll players. You'd have to balance your HP, HP regen or lifesteal, and attack speed items, so you don't die when you use your Ult.

His Ult wouldn't be toggleable, but still cancelable, but not by himself (or it'd be, if that'd make him die too often).

Either way, he'd do less damage to your team:

He'd have to get more healing items, so he'd get less damage or attack speed items.
He'd go pure DPS, but then you could kill him faster, thus reducing his damage.
He'd shut down his own Ult as to not take more damage, again, dealing less to you.

And so on...

What do you think about this? I think it's a pretty solid idea from what we could work from. It also seems better than simply nerfing his range or his abilities.

Cheers

Kishar21

01-03-2010

The problem is that it wouldn't really change much; yes, twitch has taken 300+ damage from using the move (just throwing a number out there) but 3 of your team is dead, and now it's 2v5 and you still lose. Many other threads about what changes should happen. Interesting idea, just wouldn't solve the issue.

Kishar21

ReadInPeace

01-04-2010

Okay, then do what a lot of people have already suggested:

Make the ult a channeled ability which:

-Makes Twitch unable to move or use any other abilities (including summoner ones) for the duration

-Makes him shoot the arrows randomly, no aiming or clicking needed (If the arrows hit, they hit, if they don't, tough luck)

And add this into the mix:

-After his ult ends, he's put into a diasdvantegous, 'exhausted' state in which he cannot stealth, use any abilities (including summoner ones), has his attack speed reduced by 20-50% (balance pending) and his movement speed reduced by 15% (balance pending) for 3-10 seconds (balance pending)

-Maybe allow him to use his slow, but only that, in this state

Goal:

-More random, easier to avoid damage for the victims

-Discouraging 1v5 ganks and tower dives, which rely on damage to outwit the other players

-Discouraging turret soloing (retaliation could be painful)

-Making it harder to 'pop up' in team fights in a badly defended position - which again, rely on the damage of the ult, poison and Expunge for him to survive - and get away with it

I'd really like to know your thoughts on this. I think this would be neat, making him more risky to use.

Cheers

Kallandras

01-04-2010

I'd be fairly happy even just seeing his range reduced to his normal range while he uses it. That and the effect space on the missile ought to be reduced so that an average clumping of a team pushing doesn't wind up getting their whole team hit by a Twitch firing down a lane.

However, I think your proposed idea where he fires randomly but quickly in a cone and is exhausted afterward makes more sense flavor-wise considering the name of the ability. It would still be powerful in a team fight, much as Gangplank's or Fiddlesticks' ultimate abilities are.

I don't mind any of his other abilities, really. It's all well and good to have assassin characters that do high single-target damage, but when they get to convert that same skill at killing one target into killing an entire team at once from further range... I am more than a tad tired of seeing poorly played Twitches (i.e. tower diving recklessly with no creeps after an Alistar that was a good ways away and then dying to an easy skillshot from Morgana + Tower) wind up wrecking late game simply because he can turn on "I kill your team in team fights" mode - even just softening a team up as much as he does if he doesn't kill you without getting close is devastating in team fights. The final nail in the coffin for me is that even if you can defeat a Twitch in team fights, he can ultimately simply backdoor any of your towers with practically no repercussions.

Your proposed change in the 3rd post fixes all those problems, while putting it more on the level of Gangplank/Fiddlesticks/Katarina/Ryze, who all have ultimates that help immensely in team fights - theirs just tend to expose them more closely and are not tied into the +physical damage item power of a carry and the sustainability of auto-attacks for a whole teamfight.

PS - Today I saw a Twitch kill a invis ward accidentally while using his ult. This upset me greatly.

ReadInPeace

01-04-2010

Thanks for your feedback, appreciated (especially since you like it).

I really do hope this gets done, as I think it's a cool idea (and haven't seen any other 'exotic' alternatives).

Cheers