Dodge runes, addative? or multiplicative?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moot

01-03-2010

i'v been searching for the answer, but i just haven't been able to find it.

can anyone tell me how the dodge runes are taken into account. i would be very greatful

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

I believe every single form of dodge is multiplicative (ie: diminishing returns)

It's champ attack speed that is getting shifted from multiplicative (yi's ult, blitz's powerboost, etc) to additive.

Born Slippy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeb View Post
I believe every single form of dodge is multiplicative (ie: diminishing returns)

It's champ attack speed that is getting shifted from multiplicative (yi's ult, blitz's powerboost, etc) to additive.
They're additive(ie: you don't know what the **** you're talking about)

For instance, having +5% dodge from runes and buying the Ninja Tabi(+11%dodge) would net you +16% dodge.

Aralox

01-03-2010

Nah im pretty sure theyre multiplicative - http://leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3287

Gaeb

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Slippy View Post
They're additive(ie: you don't know what the **** you're talking about)

For instance, having +5% dodge from runes and buying the Ninja Tabi(+11%dodge) would net you +16% dodge.
Right from the guide in the sticky:

Quote:
Q: How does dodge work?

A: The best way to show how dodge works is an example, let's say you have 10% dodge in your runes.

10% dodge.

You grab Ninja Tabi, which gives 11% dodge.

11% dodge +
(89 * .1) = 8.9% dodge

For a total of 19.9% dodge. (Note that the 89 comes from the percent remaining from the previous dodge percentages have been calculated.)

You then get Phantom Dancer, which gives 20% dodge.

20% dodge +
(80 * .11) = 8.8% dodge +
(71.2 * .1) = 7.12% dodge

For a total of 35.92% dodge.

Fbsunny

01-05-2010

So that means dodge runes are additive (I.E. you add up all the individual runes) and then this dodge chance is factored in multiplicatively with any other dodge you get from items or characters base dodge.

nicosharp

01-05-2010

yes, my understanding is that:

1) Dodge Runes and Mastery points are all additive.

2) Adding Dodge to your base dodge in game (Whether that be from the combination of runes/masteries OR from your first item that gives you your first points in Dodge) will be multiplicative. Gaeb grabbed the right post.