My Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xyirx

01-19-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiCEM0nEY View Post
I know you probably don't care, but ill tell you how i play Janna -
First Spell Q
Max zeypher
Max sheild second priority
Always max ult 6 11 16
Max Tornado Last.

Rush Mercs / Sorc boots
Always get banshees veil
Always get wards.

My reasoning - Janna is a great support hero who doesnt need alot of items to own. With flash and heal, she can escape most situations. Level 1 in tornado is great because its a quick disable with low damage. Actually most of the time except really early game youll be wanting to double tap Q to get a quick disable off. Warding is important in games, and why make carries buy wards? Janna can get an archangels second, or an ageis, whatever you find your team needs. important items for janna are Boots, banshees veil, wards. end of story. Flame away.
So far, I've leveled Janna's skills the same as yours, and I think she's contributed a lot in early kills, having 2 CC at the beginning.

Ah....But I don't think think she needs Sorcerer Shoes, since she's only a disabling tool for her team, not magic damage dealer.

EasymodeX

01-19-2010

Quote:
I'm actually dying to hear your suggestion. :-P
But I'd point out that the way i keep at 100% hp is by being the fastest moving champ on the board. Boots of Speed 4 the win.
No one guessed .

Simple -- Nashor's. Massive CDR, decent mana regen to spam Eye as much as you need to, and ASP to augment Eye pew pew. Carries her through mid game easily, and she effectively uses every aspect of it.

For a warding / support strat, Nashor/Aegis -> ward spam works. Banshee's Veil is overkill and not really worth the $. Boots of Mobility might serve better for map control, but Swiftness works. Later in mid-game you may need more mana support for hard harassment, so the Banshee's is a good solution.

Polygon

01-20-2010

Hah!

Then we are aligned. I keep preaching CDR is Janna's best boost, and I always get Nashors.

Role Taker

01-20-2010

I go a bit different, don't know how effective my game is but I have been going
1.Zephyr
2.cyclone
3.zephyr
4.sheild
then max ult, zephyr shield and cyclone in that order.

Recently I have been trying to incorporate Deathfire's grasp in the mix to do soe heavy damage to tanks or w/e is needed, but not over priority of AP/mana.

I always get sapphire crystal 2X health pots in begining, then boots, and then the mana item that turns into the (forgot name) 2% of max mana into AP sceptor.

I don't really know how viable this is compared to you guys, i have not seen many janna's out there to see anything different to change, but I have been doing quite good in my games.

BTW. who do you think is a great lane partner for janna? so far me and my brother do a janna - twitch, udyr or blitzcrank combo. they work very well it seems.

EasymodeX

01-20-2010

Quote:
BTW. who do you think is a great lane partner for janna? so far me and my brother do a janna - twitch, udyr or blitzcrank combo. they work very well it seems.
No one is really a "lane partner for Janna". It's more like Janna is anyone's lane partner.

The key to Janna's laning is Eye. It gives you a free HP buffer that you can spend to reduce the enemy's HP/mana. In addition, it is cheap on your mana. AND it gives you a damage buff that drains the enemy's HP even faster. It's like Udyr's turtle stance proc -- except on a ranged hero, with extra bonus damage.

If your buddy is a good laner, then you instantly make a ridiculous lane that can push the enemy tower very early. If your partner is a weak laner, then you can still push and harass all by yourself, giving them wide room to farm creeps.

Blitz + Janna could probably wreck an enemy's tower by level 3 against a weak lane, or level 5-7 against a strong lane. Just watch for enemy ganks from the river, since you will be pushing their tower for quite a while. Janna pushes and harasses offensively, while Blitz holds Grab/Donkeypunch in reserve for counterattacks and other opportunities.

Twitch is effective as well because Janna can easily babysit him for the entire laning phase. Any aggressive action can be punished directly by Janna. Any focus fire / burst action can be countered by Twitch while Janna kites and CCs, probably netting Twitch early feed.

Janna is most powerful with fewer opponents, and in the early game. I've never been outlaned 1v1 with Janna, the closest being a skilled Corki 3 levels higher than me because I d/c'd on loading -- and I still kicked him back to the fountain 3-4 times for every trip I took.

Role Taker

01-21-2010

yeah i totally know what you mean, i was laned with a alistar and totally demolished all the first towers very early game, i love how shield works so well with him on turrets. but i have to disagree with you with the "anyone" concept because i think if she is laned with a bad pushing champ like veiger or ryze (in my experience) she isnt too well fit.

Also, I tried DMG janna and i love her mid game, i can completly control the board. I am just having some trouble with her early game, she just seems a bit weaker than most champs, and easier to kill than my support janna, can anyone help ne out there?

EasymodeX

01-21-2010

That's an L2P thing. You need to get a solid feel for the opponents' damage output capability, how much damage your Eye can withstand, and practice trading off 0 hp.

I recommend starting with a Meki and health pots (Doran's Ring also an option). I typically never use the health pots unless the opponents have serious harass, or I take too many tower hits.

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

DPS Janna > AP Janna.

As AP Janna, sure you can push a lane faster early game, but late game, you're literally useless. Your spells dont output enough damage to do anything, so the whole time, ur just walking around doing nothing and not making good use of her amazing mobility.

DPS Janna on the other hand can easily hold a lane against most champions. The shield + right click combo is amazing early game. Furthermore, it's quite cheap to build an effective DPS Janna as all you have to do is stack crit and attack speed. Your damage will be compensated by your shield (+40 something damage at max level). With my build, I easily crack 470 movement speed with haste off. Janna has one of the highest mobilities in the game, so make good use of it by attacking instead of just casting spells.

Role Taker

01-21-2010

so is the recomended items malady, beserkers, etc? I have been trying just vampric sceptor, then gettign beserkers, and the making a trinity force.

When I get kills this works very well, but it really relys on me getting early kills.

is there anything else I can use for a build? I want to try it all.

Chai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Role Taker View Post
so is the recomended items malady, beserkers, etc? I have been trying just vampric sceptor, then gettign beserkers, and the making a trinity force.

When I get kills this works very well, but it really relys on me getting early kills.

is there anything else I can use for a build? I want to try it all.
Personally, I never build Malady's or any life steal items for that matter.

My build:
1. Doran's Blade/Shield (Early Damage/Regen. helps a lot)
2. Berserkers (This should push your movement speed to 430 already)
3. Zeal (About 450 Movement speed now. Pretty good crit change and decent attack speed.

Here is where my build gets situational.

1. If they have a HP regen champ (Mundo), I'll get a Executioners.
2. If i see that they have a chamption that could possibly have higher mobility than me and is half decent, I'd grab a second zeal (Movement speed in the 480s.

Almost any time else, I'll grab an Avarice Blade. 12% crit makes up for a lot of difference.

if the enemy team has a HP Tank, i get a Madred's.
If they have a low HP Armour tank (Rammus), i get last whisperer.

Anytime i between, as I see fitting, I'll finish my Phantom Dancer.

So my typical end game build will have:
1. Doran's Blade
2. Phantom Dancer
3. Madreds/Last Whisperer
4. Avarice Blade/Phantom Dancer/Executioner's Calling

With this build, I'll have around 70% crit change, attack speed past 1.5, and anywhere between 465 to 500+ movement speed. If the game lasts any longer, I'll grab an Infinity's edge.