Garen buffed? You are kidding me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Palpaleos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-04-2011

Garen was BALANCED, really the ppl says "OMG I FEAR GAREN BUT I STILL FACE BRUSHING!!!" and then get killed and "OMG Garen is so OP and im too lazy to buy 50 armor and make him a UP champion, so i have to post in the forums crying about Garen"

and then what happens? nerf to the almost unique champion balanced

Mundo, Vlad, Anivia are real OP champs but riot never touch them (Even Yi is more powerfull than Garen)

Garen CD are a joke 13+ secs to a single skill and almost no auto-atk power?

Garen has also low health (yeah not trolling, for a real MELEE DPS)

Garen need a high scaling of the AD like 2.5 or 3 extra per bonus AD

Manubrium

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slogra View Post
I agree with most of your post. However, while stuns and slows counter Garen, they also help them. Garen + Taric = push terror; they won't last hit out of fear of being stunned then whirlwinded, and both are tanky and can push and farm like the best of carries.

I'd like to see the current Garen with a Taric/Sion/etc. lane. While I agree that champions shouldn't be so restrictive, I think he still has a place on certain teams.
Yeah Garen with a good laner makes Garen a good laner. Your post got no sens. I mean that Udyr with Taric or Sion is 5 times better then Garen and Taric.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
they nerfed garen? i didnt notice, I did a game as garen a few days ago and went like 20-5. It should still be in my recent games.
I saw that. It’s strange that you still loose because garen don’t make any difference end game. And I don’t know if you ever follow a statistic class : 1 times mean … nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MundoCorp View Post
the buff every garen player dreams of:

"Judgment's duration is reset whenever it hits an enemy unit/champ."
What I dream of is that: Garen is close up dependant. So if I close up a champion early game and that I do judgement and this guys dps me with his burst. I would like to see my Garen do more damage then those who can do that from a good ranged. Because if your champion don’t need to close up, why giving him more damage than Garen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiXJuke View Post
He's gotta replenish the gallons of his own he lost everytime he face checked the brush.
Seriously this scaling is ridiculous. Even with the basedmg buff you still need like close to 100 bonus ad to equal the prenerf spin. Late game that spin didn't do much anyway. Now it takes a 100 bonus ad to do ok dmg and have 0 survivability for it. What happens to any other dps with a bonus 100 ad.

And the other cool build you could do if you wanted to be a squishy dps was go crit but now that's laughable at best. Who's idea was this new bonus ad scaling fad? Did they ever take math at the art institutes business program?

Just a question. Were there any pro teams that were like Zomg get garen so we win!!!1. Were high elos getting spun to death all game? Who the hell are they balancing this toward anyway?
I really like your post. They balance it so noobs can continue facecheck brushes. And it is obvious that a dps Garen got 0 survivability compare to a tank Garen with 0 dps. Your choice must be… another champion.

BlackLordDragonX

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manubrium View Post
When Riot announced that Garen would be buff in the next patch, I said to myself **''Cool, I'll finally be able to play my main again''. Then I learn this:
•Judgment base damage increased to 60/100/140/180/220 from 60/90/120/150/180 per second
I was like… disappointed. I was playing him while before he was ban in ranked games and people start playing him more.

The problem that I notice with Garen was not his high dps for a tank or his escapability with judgement making him slow immune. The big problem was and, if buffed so he would be playable, he is really easy to play to be effective. He was a noob counter. I mean I rarely saw player that know how to counter him. Garen must close up to ennemies to be effective --> so why not a good old bushwait. There is the problem: Let's say you are against Garen. Why would you facecheck a brush? I saw once an ashe paying 90 gold for a 4.5 minutes ward and you know what? That was the only time I saw someone counter Garen correctly. The few first nerfs on Garen was okay, he was a bit overpower early game and his slow immune was making him unstopable against some laners. But people still facecheck their brush early game! So Garen always seems overpowered until he has no dps, because everybody goes in the bush to see him make his judgement on you.

To be sure I am clear I'll give you few exemples, let's say you are against Miss Fortune in mid lane. Well if you stay alone just behind a creep you might receive a double-up in the face, SO WHY WOULD YOU STAY THERE? Just has stealth champion fed in the mid game or a good shroom field by teemo, WHY DIDN’T YOUR TANK BUY ORACLE? Or against tryndamere, DONT FIGHT HIM HE WILL KILL YOU OR ESCAPE WITH HIS ULTIMATE.
Miss Fortune, Twitch, Eve and Tryndamere are just as OP as Garen was. People learned to play against this champions (Well, presently Eve is the more choosed noob stomper).

Also, if you put a sight ward in the brush and that you have a stun and/or you are a ranged dps: What Garen can do against you? Not a single thing, he needs to be close to you! If the Garen stay in the bush and you can't last it minions, you know what? He can't too. Please in the next post don’t say to me «if I am Master Yi I can’t lane against Garen» That’s true. Every champion is and has a good counter.

Finally I'll compare Garen with a champion buffed recently and that for me is just like Garen was: Pantheon. I'll explain: If you go near pantheon or you facecheck his brush, Pantheon will cast Aegis of Zeonia (Decisive Strike) on you, will cast Heartseeker strike (Judgement). Pantheon throws a spear on you after it and Garen activate his shield while backing. Their Passive are both good, Pantheon blocks an attack and Garen goes regenerate his health (unless you are a good player that nukes or range attack Garen often so he won't. Garen's ultimate was nerfed and is nothing compare to Pantheon's one. But it is okay, Garen is more tanky... And that's all. Pantheon has more dps, much more, can harass with his spear nuke, has more mobility and can one shot champion if his ultimate lands near them. Pantheon is another noob stomper. Why turret dive when a pantheon is against you? Why overextend? TreeEskimo showed me to buy cloth armor and 5 health potions so he can ran out of mana if you solo lane against him. Yeah, why not, that's a good counter. Pantheon is mana dependant. Garen is not but a lot close up dependant. There are more differences and similarities between those champions, you can post them if you want, but it stills that both Garen and Pantheon can harass you when you close up in laning phase early game. And what I tried to explain is that Pantheon does it better and is a better champion for all other aspect of the game.

So I wish Garen will recover his old total attack damage ratio with judgment OR that the next buffs makes item more effective, because actually tank AND dps Garen sucks. If you have intelligent post I am open. I don't say I know everything, that's only a point of view; maybe I'm wrong with my explaination. (What I mean by intelligent is explaining why Garen must be still nerfed or why he must be buffed, I don't want QQ posting ''OMG you are so stupid Garen always killed me and my 4 health bars champion when I facecheck brush'' or that because one thing I said is wrong, all my post is wrong)
hmmmm

TheMountainGoat

01-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manubrium View Post
When Riot announced that Garen would be buff in the next patch, I said to myself **''Cool, I'll finally be able to play my main again''.
lolling

warrenrules

01-05-2011

That buff was more than a small buff. His Judgement got a 40 attack boost, pretty amazing if you ask me. As said, why are people complaining when he got buffed? dumbasses

420BLZFGT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2011

Oh no my tanky guy doesn't do half their HP with a pretty spin!!!!!!!!!

Necrosis627

01-05-2011

Why are you QQing when he got buffed?
they're being careful not to overbuff him like they did with Ezreal
remember his old mystic shot's AD ratio?