Teemo advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Primithras

01-03-2010

I've just hit level 20 and have been thinking about which runes to buy. I usually play with a dps Teemo and I am planning to go for the 21/0/9 build.

This is the item setup I tend to use, it focuses on attack speed/damage and critical strikes.

1) Doran's Shield
2) Berserker's Greaves
3) Last Whisper
4) Infinity Edge
5) Zeal
6) Stark’s Fervor / Frozen Mallet
5) Phantom Dancer
7) Stark's Fervor / Frozen Mallet

Now I have been thinking about the runes and have come up with the following:

Marks: crit chanche / crit damage
Glyphs: cooldown reduction
Seal: dodge
Quint: crit chanche / crit damage
Tips/advice are welcome.

Mpalm

01-03-2010

I suggest you search for Friend's teemo guide, it is very extensive.

Gatsbys

01-03-2010

If you get zerkers greaves, malady AND last whisper it's totally stupid to have attack speed runes.
(It's actually a bad idea regardless.)

Either stack crit damage or armor penetration, hp/lvl, and magic resist.

Primithras

01-03-2010

@ Mpalm: I actually have, but there are alot out there and they all seem to have another view on Teemo

@ Gatsbys: While I agree with your point, I rarely get to an endgame where I have all my items and full attack speed. So considering that, isn't it a good idea to still go for attack speed runes to maximize it as early as possible in the game?

Also about the crit damage, isn't it better to go for more crit chanche seeing as how the Infinity Edge already boosts crit damage alot? Just a noob not quite sure on that one.

Gatsbys

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primithras View Post
@ Mpalm: I actually have, but there are alot out there and they all seem to have another view on Teemo

@ Gatsbys: While I agree with your point, I rarely get to an endgame where I have all my items and full attack speed. So considering that, isn't it a good idea to still go for attack speed runes to maximize it as early as possible in the game?

Also about the crit damage, isn't it better to go for more crit chanche seeing as how the Infinity Edge already boosts crit damage alot? Just a noob not quite sure on that one.
If you want a strong early game, go crit chance runes, not attack speed.
You'll do more damage overall and you'll be a far better harasser.
If you're getting infinity edge, phantom dancer, AND exec calling, it's kind of pointless to get crit chance runes, though..it's already pretty high up there.

MrSARS

01-03-2010

Good up until the last whisper after that I have found it more effective to go...

Blood thirster
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Guardian Angel or Another Infinity

Executioner's Calling is too weak for end of game play.

As for Runes I am trying
Quint: Attack damage 6.75 I think
Mark: attack speed
Seal: definitely dodge because of your move quick so awesome when you think you are going to get knock out of it and aren't
Glyph: idk I am trying ability for that little bit extra with the poison

Mpalm

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSARS View Post
Good up until the last whisper after that I have found it more effective to go...

Blood thirster
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Guardian Angel or Another Infinity

Executioner's Calling is too weak for end of game play.

As for Runes I am trying
Quint: Attack damage 6.75 I think
Mark: attack speed
Seal: definitely dodge because of your move quick so awesome when you think you are going to get knock out of it and aren't
Glyph: idk I am trying ability for that little bit extra with the poison
I would skip the attack damage and attack speed runes as they are pretty terrible and equivalent damage and IAS can be cheaply purchased with items.

MrSARS

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
I would skip the attack damage and attack speed runes as they are pretty terrible and equivalent damage and IAS can be cheaply purchased with items.
I disagree the attack damage helps out a lot I never have a bad kd because I do a ton of damage every match and I rely heavily on items so I need that extra attack to give me just that little bit. I play teemo a lot I know what I am doing I have been thinking about changing my Marks I'll probably go for armor penetration. And to say that you can purchase those items you can pretty much purchase all of runes boost in the item store so really no point to favor something. I have a limit amount of spots I need for items.

Mpalm

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSARS View Post
I disagree the attack damage helps out a lot I never have a bad kd because I do a ton of damage every match and I rely heavily on items so I need that extra attack to give me just that little bit. I play teemo a lot I know what I am doing I have been thinking about changing my Marks I'll probably go for armor penetration. And to say that you can purchase those items you can pretty much purchase all of runes boost in the item store so really no point to favor something. I have a limit amount of spots I need for items.
But AS and 6 attack damage are very cheap to purchase compared to items that give armor penetration, crit damage and other rune stats. Crit damage, armor pen, or even HP will make a much larger difference than using up 3 quints for 6 damage.

Primithras

01-04-2010

Have made some minor modifications, including a frozen mallet in my item build. ( I do not like a Blood thirster cause I tend to die a bit more due to my aggresive style.

Have also made some changes to the runes, Mpalm has a good point. AS items can be bought fairly cheap while crit chanche / crit damage items tend to be more expensive. I'm still not quite sure on my current build. Should I go full crit chanche / damage or make a hybrid. Also getting cooldown reduction and dodge seems like a waste to me. 5% CR will barelly be noticeable and I shouldn't have to dodge in order to win my battles.

Marks: crit chanche / crit damage
Glyphs: cooldown reduction
Seal: dodge
Quint: crit chanche / crit damage