[GUIDE] Headshot Heimer - He uses aim hax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lemt

01-03-2010

Welcome to this guide!

I assume you've played FPSs before, where you have to, you know, aim. But aiming sucks, so now you'll always hit them enemies smack on the head! Use this guide if you want the enemy to die with minimal effort on your part, without letting them be safe not even behind creeps and towers!

And go comment at Leaguecraft!
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...e+uses+aim+hax

SKILLS

-PASSIVE
Good passive, as it gives you and your teammates some extra health regeneration. Nothing too impressive, I know, but your partners in crime will thank you for it.
-TURRETS
Good, but no. The Micro-rockets are OP, so use those instead.
-ROCKETS
How to use Heimerdinger:
1-Spam W
2-????
3-Profit!
-GRENADES
Because one hard-hitting nuke isn't enough, this one has mad AoE, hits turrets, stuns and blinds. But it requires skill to use. Rockets don't. So use Rockets.
-UPGRADE!!!
Oh look, CDR! It says something about upgrading turrets or whatever, I don't really care.

Level up your skills in the following order:

Rockets>Grenades>Upgrade>Turret
The only exception to this is you should probably get a level of H-28G Evolution Turret at either level 3 or level 5. Use them as free wards, but that's pretty much it. The gold the enemy gets from killing a turret is less than the gold that a ward would cost you. Plus they'll aggro, usually forcing the enemy to back off in fear of there being a nest.

SUMMONER SPELLS

Lots of useful spells, but some are clearly better than others. Here are the ones I recommend:
Heal ->Good spell, and certainly a nice option. You should be at the back of fights, so you shouldn't be stunned and killed without being able to use it.
Fortify ->Same as above. The difference is you can get heal without the Mastery and still be worth it. But NEVER take Fortify without the mastery. Ever.
Rally ->You can go 21-X-X with your masteries, so this isn't a bad idea. However, other champs will benefit more than you, so someone else should probably take it.
Clarity ->Early on you'll be very VERY mana-hungry. And later on too. This is probably my number one recommendation.
Flash ->You are somewhat on the squishy side, and this will help you out to run away.
Clairvoyance ->A very good spell, but you have free wards anyhow.
Teleport ->Not really a top pick, but it will help you stay in the lanes for longer, and go into fights and pushes.

MASTERIES

You will always want to get at LEAST nine points into offense, for the AP and spell penetration.
Beyond that, you can go down several paths:

OFFENSE - If you take Rally, this will help you deal more damage with your skills. However, you really don't need to spend points here beyond the mandatory nine.

DEFENSE - Nine points here are very useful. You'll get a bit more magic resist, can make your [spell_text=Heal) much better, and the "HP5 by mana" mastery isn't bad at all. Go higher up the tree if you're getting [spell_text=Fortify], but I probably wouldn't otherwise.

UTILITY - Here you have some more CDR, but it's really high up the tree. There are some more tasty morsels here, such as mana and health regeneration, a bit of extra XP, and small movement buff. Last but not least, you can get the buff for your [spell_text=Insight]

Recommended:
I like going for a base 9-9-0, then get whatever you like the most. So I strongly suggest a 9-12-9 build. This will make you a bit harder to kill, and you'll get the best from all worlds. If you are getting Rally or Fortify, however, go 21-9-0 or 9-21-0.

RUNES

All I write is based on T3 runes, because the only other option are T1s if you are far below level 20.

QUINTS: Flat HP (Fortitude) is the best option here. Three of them mean 120 extra HP starting at level 1, not something you can ignore. The only other thing I'd consider is movespeed (Swiftness).

MARKS: Nothing too interesting here. HP/level is pretty nice (Vitality), as is Flat Magic Resist (Warding). I guess you could get AP/level (Force).

SEALS: I strongly recommend MP5 (replenishment), since you really need the mana. Otherwise, get Magic Resist per level (Warding) or Cooldown Reduction (Focus).

GLYPHS: Cooldown Reduction (Focus) is MVP here. But it's a close call with Magic Penetration (Insight), so that's a good option too.

ITEMS

Start with a Meki Pendant and some potions. On your first trip to base get the Chalice of Harmony, basic boots, and as much of a Rod of Ages as you can afford. You should decide between going straight for a Blasting Wand or starting the build towards a Catalyst the Protector. I recommend the Catalyst, unless you are landing lots of Grenades too. The Rockets barely get any benefit yet from AP, so you'll probably want the extra durability.
After the Rod of Ages, finish your boots. I don't really think any of the boots are bad, so take your pick. You should choose depending on what the enemy team is doing, their composition, etc. If you are really snug about yourself, you can get Sorcerer's Shoes for a bit of extra damage.
Now, the fun begins. There are quite a lot of items you can get, and we'll look at each in turn.
Zhonya's Ring greatly improves your burst damage, so if team battles have startet (or are about to start) this is what you should pick up next.
Deathfire Graspis a cheaper, and hence quicker to buy, alternative. for 70% of the cost of the ring it nets you 65% of the total power from Zhonya's (thanks to the cooldown reduction), plus an extra nuke. However, It will slow your growth a little until you build Zhonya's. If you need the power now, go for this instead.
Afterwards, get whatever item you didn't buy already. This should set your AP at 300 from items alone, and should be enough to end the game.
If the game drags on, you should go for an Archangel's Staff. This will give you a lot of AP. 45 base, plus 60 from mana (without the passive bonus from Archangel's), and 25% of that thanks to the Ring means 125 AP from a single item. Another alternative to this would be Void Staff if the enemy team has lots of magic resist.
If you find you need more survivability, you also have many good options. For starters, get Mercury's Treads if the enemy team has lots of casters or magic-based attacks, or Ninja Tabi if they are mostly dependant on auto-attacks. Remember that champions like Gangplank are mostly dangerous due to their ranged magical attacks, even though they pack a punch in melee.
If you need even more survivability, get one of the following items as soon as you need them, but AFTER getting Rod of Ages.Note that you'll want to get only one of these if at all possible, so choose wisely.
-ABYSSAL SCEPTER AND FROZEN HEART: Those two are at the top of the list, as they give you a considerable benefit in addition to becoming a harder target.
-BANSHEE'S VEIL: Exceptionally powerful, it also gives you more mana. Take it if CC is a serious issue.
-QUICKSILVER SASH AND SPIRIT VISAGE: Both are relatively inexpensive, and will give you a good chunk of magic resist. The Sash provides better defense, however the Visage helps you spam your nukes.
-HEART OF GOLD: Cheap, and pays for itself. However, the effect isn't that large.
-GUARDIAN ANGEL: Last but not least, Guardian Angel not only makes you harder to kill, but makes it so you'll have to get killed twice. If you need survivability but aren't sure what you need specifically, this is very good. However, the cost is very high.

PLAYING THE GAME

You can solo if you so choose to, but I'd really let a carry solo instead. Either way, you should probably try not to push. Last hit creeps to get the gold instead, and try to keep the enemy at bay with grenades and rockets. If the enemy starts pushing, you can use grenades to help last hit creeps and weaken the wave. You like fighting by your tower, but don't let the enemy attack too freely. Just enough so your last-hitting is easier. Remember you want your mana mostly for rockets.
Set up a turret or two as wards, to warn you of any incoming ganks. But don't place nests, as you really want the mana for rockets.
You can help gank if needed, just don't get too close to the action. Know the range of your rockets, and as soon as the fight starts shoot them. Follow up with a grenade. Toss it to punish the enemy severely if they choose to aggro a teammate (or yourself). If they are running away, throw it to cut off their retreat instead. As soon as the rockets are off cooldown, shoot them again. You can also use this to kill off enemies that are pilling or running back. You have insane range, so unless they run back to their second tower you should be able to chase through the jungle with care. Just don't get greedy if the enemy is missing, you do not want to get ganked.

During teamfights, the plan is mostly the same. You should toss the grenade at the enemy carries, and put down a turret and upgrade it if you can. You can also place the turret in your line of retreat in case thigs get ugly, or you can place one down to cut off the enemie's retreat.

When pushing towers, use your turrets as wards. Grenade the tower if the enemy team si guarding it, but save it otherwise. You may need it for a quick escape.

TeeNaku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

in short find w on your keyboard press when you can

Lemt

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeNaku View Post
in short find w on your keyboard press when you can
Pretty much, but I used more words.

Gatsbys

01-03-2010

Heimer is so useless.
I can spam rockets! Yay!
Play a real caster and do significant damage and stop playing this guy.
He contributes nothing to the team and you'll be wishing whoever played him would have gone a tank or at least support.

Xirus

01-04-2010

I dunno, Heimer's have seen a bit better since patch?

RainyDayNinja

01-04-2010

I'm still a bit fuzzy about how the rockets work after the last update. Does he only fire one rocket at all levels now?

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
I'm still a bit fuzzy about how the rockets work after the last update. Does he only fire one rocket at all levels now?
1/1/2/2/3 iirc.

Counter: HP & mr, then own him after he blows his load and is sitting waiting on his cooldowns.

People who get owned by casters and buy zero MR gear deserve to get owned by casters imo. Heimer's strong early, but ...

wildfire393

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainyDayNinja View Post
He fires one rocket at level 1, 2 rockets (at two different champs) at level 3, and 3 rockets (at 3 different champs) at level 5.

Also your item build is screwy. Chalice isn't great, especially as it will slow your acquisition of Rod. Zhonya's is best as a capstone item, as its 25% increase is only really good if you have multiple other AP items. If you are buying deathfire grasp, you should definitely be upgrading that starting Meki's Pendant into a Fiendish Codex, as well as picking up a Kage's Pick while it still matters. Archangel's is best as an early item (or at least get the Tear early) so you can maximize the mana output on it.

I would suggest going one of these routes with items:

Tankish
1. Sapphire
2. catalyst/Blasting Wand
3. The other, upgrade to a Rod
4. Boots
5. Rylai's
6. Zhonya's, Lichbane, whatever

Deathfire Route
1. Meki
2. Kage's
3. Codex
4. Boots
5. Some secondary AP Item (Archangel's, Rylai's, Void Staff)
6. Upgrade to Deathfire
7. Zhonya's, Lichbane, whatever

Archangel's Route
1. Sapphire
2. Tear (or Catalyst if you think you can build a RoA and still get Tear pretty quickly)
3. Archangel's (or RoA, then start Archangel's)
4. Boots
5. Lichbane/Voidstaff
6. Zhonya's, the other of Lichbane/Voidstaff

Tpyo

01-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xirus View Post
I dunno, Heimer's have seen a bit better since patch?
Yeah its a bit of snowballing in terms of patch balance. Before only the noobs would play him because he was so terrible and so he had a very solid noob feeder status. Then they buff him a bit and better players decide that hes actually worth playing so all the sudden everyone cries OP because a character jumped from the worst to being decent.

Now all ya have to add is to get a blitzcrank to lane with you, have the crank pull your enemies into your turrets, pop them up followed by a your granade stun and of course the auto aim missiles.

Gaeb

01-04-2010

FWIW, no one should buy a deathfire grasp without having enough MR pen to make it effective... for example, take a 300 AP heimer with 0 pen vs 5000 HP cho'gath. Deathfire grasp is 30% + 3.5% / 100 AP.

30 MR Cho: Dgrasp does 40.5% of Cho's health (2025 dmg!) but loses 23% of that to Cho's MR, so it only does 1560 and you net lose nearly 500 dmg.

100 MR Cho: Dgrasp does 1013 dmg.

Swap 100 AP for Pen to bring Cho to 0 and you do 3.5% less dmg (175) base but none of it gets resisted and you do a full 1850. Etc.

Always know your opponents MR and decide what % of damage you feel like doing. Void staff + talent is 55% of their MR, then sorc boots & full T3 marks will give you another 29, so with a void staff, mastery for pen, T3 marks of mpen, and sorc shoes you do full damage to anything with 64 MR or less.