Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

rune for caster and physical dps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Grimeild

01-03-2010

ok so id like to know some nice set of rune for caster and physical melee/ranged dps im playing with only +crit dmg now for physical but yellow and blue arnt great with that so i would like to know what is best for yellow and blue and all whole set for caster

Mpalm

01-03-2010

You can never go wrong with yellow dodge runes and magic resist / level blue runes. Personally, I always leave yellow as dodge no matter what class I'm playing.

Blue can be a bit more flexible, and normally I see cooldown reduction / level, mana / level or mana regen / level on casters. For marks i'd suggest magic penetration as well.

My build for casters will eventually be:

Red = Magic Penetration
Yellow = Dodge
Blue = Cooldown / level
Quints = Hp

For physical damage:

Marks = Armor penetration
Yellow = Crit Damage
Blue = Crit Damage
Quints = Armor penetration

That's a pretty scary build and I ran it in beta, but you can substitute any of the hp/dodge/MR you want for more survivability.

Poki3 tem

Emissary of the League

01-03-2010

With blue, depending on the champ, you can go +mana regen or -cooldown (per level). They're more or less universal for most (especially -cooldown).

For yellows I got with +dodge... but then again I'm Sivir...

aanallein

01-03-2010

I'm trying to get the most bang for my buck (ip) so I've gotten blue -cooldown per level and yellow dodge runes so far. I can see them being valuable on any type of hero. Red I'm currently doing magic pen because I play casters usually. I'll eventually get a full set of armor penetration runes and just have 2 runebooks.