Five Man Backdoor Team Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zorkdork

01-03-2010

So I have been thinking about this for a little while now, I'm not really sure at what ELO bracket this would actually be viable but I want to try and construct a team based around backdooring turrets as early as possible, maybe knocking down in inhibitor in the first 15 minutes.

The team would definitely include Twitch and Yi, and then like Talric, Silvir and Allister. I want to include blitzcrank, because if you spec for overdrive and power fist after his first point in rocket grab I think he would be viable for taking down towers as well but I don't know who I would cut for him... The other problem I see is that that they are dishing almost entirely physical DPS, maybe Nunu would be a decent fit with his attack speed buff, I dunno.

Summoner skills would include a higher then normal amount of rally, with a heal and a couple teleports.

The game plan would be to try really hard for the first dragon and then lane for a few levels, I have no clue what level it actually becomes viable to knock down a tower, but it only gets easier after the first one, I think getting the extra gold and xp from doing them as early as possible would really establish a significant advantage over the other team.

Let me know what you thing Internet, and if anyone has already tried something similar or has enough people to give this a shot, post how it worked out for you, I would really like to try it myself but don't have enough good friends on LOL to throw it together.

Hyfe

01-03-2010

You mean a push team? Not sure why you're calling it backdooring. Essentially a promote build without the promote. I assume it would work the same way though, just not as effective. I don't know what heros people used for that but I'm sure at least alistar sivir soraka. Do a forum search for 5 man promote.

1337LoL

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyfe View Post
You mean a push team? Not sure why you're calling it backdooring. Essentially a promote build without the promote. I assume it would work the same way though, just not as effective. I don't know what heros people used for that but I'm sure at least alistar sivir soraka. Do a forum search for 5 man promote.
Backdooring is when you go behind a tower with no creep push and destroy it. You go "behind" their lines.

Stormsoul

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337LoL View Post
Backdooring is when you go behind a tower with no creep push and destroy it. You go "behind" their lines.
gogo physical damage TF

Melatonin

01-03-2010

Needs more Tristana.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Taric & Sivir & Alistair on their own is a hella-nasty combo.

Sivir ult: Increases attack speed
Taric ult: Increases damage
Alistair ult: Increases resistance and tower-damage

Every 2m: Bumrush towah! Win! Bring 1-2 rally/heal for goodness.

Have run into this combo a number of times, it works quite well. Typical players get so hung up on carry centric teams (as that's pretty much 90% of what they see) that they get destroyed by push teams, in my experience.

I frankly might sub Janna for Twitch or Yi. She can hold off a lane on her own vs. multiple champs (and has a stronger early game than those carries), and during tower pushes she has 2 short-term disables to hold down the enemy team & get away + a damage buff available. (I classify monsoon as disable because I use it for pushback, the heal is incidental)

Synxxx

01-03-2010

Trade Alistair for Teemo.

You're going to gib thet tower anyway, and Yi can tank it just fine with Radiance (Throw in a meditate if you don't gib it in ~5 seconds). Teemo not only gives you tele beacons for instant backdoor hilarity, but enough map vision so that you constantly know where the other team is (letting you choose the ideal moment for backdooring more carefully).

Assuming you played a good game, you could probably down a tower + inhib at level 12 and flee (your escape should be covered by several shrooms) before they know what hit them.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synxxx View Post
Teemo not only gives you tele beacons for instant backdoor hilarity
Oh that's brutal.

Also, everyone should have teleport...

Xirus

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormsoul View Post
gogo physical damage TF
^ This. If you're planning on playing a backdooring game, physical damage TF wins due to his maneuverability. Even if the enemy players have a spy recording your every move, they'll have trouble keeping up with you. Also keep in mind that you can gate in, drop a ward, and then your team can teleport to you... However, that's if you're wanting to play a backdooring game- stall until your backdoorers are high enough level to start ninja-killing towers. If you're wanting to play a *pushing* game, aka one where you try to push down towers at as low a level as possible, I recommend checking out the guides on leaguecraft, there's some really good ones there.

PvtMuncher

01-03-2010

I think Yi because hes probably the best for tower damage
Teemo and TF for maneuverability of the team
Then I'd say Twitch and eve for there stealth and high dmg output

Of course this team could be countered but if you always ignore the other team and just go for turrets this build In my personal opinion is the best.

Also picture this a bait by teemo they follow him bam into a mushroom twicth and eve pop their stealth TF tele in and Yi pops highlander! wow that could lead to some sick ganks