Ashe - Rune Set-up

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elandel

01-03-2010

I've recently reached level 20 and have gathered a reasonably amount of IP. My most played and favourite character is Ashe and would like to know if anyone has any opinions on what rune build is either must-have or is a bad idea.

At the moment my thoughts are:
Red - Critical Damage (+2.48%)
Yellow - Mana/5seconds (+0.42) or Mana/5seconds at level 18 (+1.8)
Blue - Cooldown Reduction at 18 (0.9%)
Quintessence - Critical Damage (4.9%)

Thanks,
Elandel

Mpalm

01-03-2010

I don't think she will really benefit from cooldown reduction to be honest. Her Q has no cooldown, volley is on a very short cd, and even her ultimate can be used very often.

My current physical dps build goes:

Marks = Armor Pen
Seals = Dodge (great for survivability)
Glyphs = Magic resist / level (great for survivability)
Quints = HP

You can also go armor penetration marks + quints then put critical damage for seals + glyphs for maximum damage potential but minimum survivability.

In addition, I suggest buying a catalyst (which you eventually build into banshee's) first because then you will not need the +mana regen seals.

Elandel

01-03-2010

Thanks for the nice response. I definitely agree with you on the cooldown reduction being a bit pointless so have gone for magic resistance like yourself.
My only problem is that I go with the mana regen + philosophers stone so that I can spam my volley and control my lane. Without any mana regen I'd be stuck auto shooting during the laning phase?

Mpalm

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandel View Post
Thanks for the nice response. I definitely agree with you on the cooldown reduction being a bit pointless so have gone for magic resistance like yourself.
My only problem is that I go with the mana regen + philosophers stone so that I can spam my volley and control my lane. Without any mana regen I'd be stuck auto shooting during the laning phase?
If you are going philo's I don't think you'll run out of mana, but mana regen seals aren't really a bad choice. I just prefer dodge because it is much more difficult to obtain than mana. Either way, I suggest catalyst instead of philo because it gives +hp/mana and builds into banshees which is much more useful.

Elandel

01-03-2010

I'm going to have to have some practice with a catalyst build to see if I can get the hang of it, starting off without the increased hp/5sec is going to be hard

Délirium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-03-2010

When your laning you don't necessarily need to spam volley to do well. Try just getting the last shot on all the minions. If you can get the hang of that then you'll get a lot more gold too.
Try and use volley to get multiple last shots and punish your opponent if they try going to far forward. Its a little hard to get use to, but it really effective.

About the runes i also went more toward mana regen, but i bought most of the runes before I learned about last shotting.

Heres what I have:

Red: Armour Pen. and Crit Damage ( trying to go all Pen.)
Yellow: Dodge ( i got these because I mainly used sivir when i bought most of my runes, but dodge has saved my life countless times so i kept them)
Blue: Mana regen/5 per level
Quints: 2 mana/5, and 1 mana/5 per level (im trying to replace them with HP though)

I hope that helped.