[Guide] Hands Of Time AP Sion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hands Of Time

01-03-2010

----------

Sion, The Undead Champion

The history of war between Demacia and Noxus extends as far back as the founding of the respective cities in Valoran. A recent product of this conflict was the murderous Noxian warrior, Sion. Used by the Noxians as a human battering ram, Sion would be sent thundering ahead of Noxian troops. He would mercilessly slaughter foes with his large double-handed axe, Chopper. His complete disregard for caution would ultimately cost him his life, as he was captured and summarily executed by Demacian forces. The Demacians thought that the beheading of Sion would be the end of his bloodthirsty ways. Death, however, was merely the beginning. The famed Noxian assassin, Katarina, recovered Sion's remains and Noxian necromancers reanimated the behemoth to serve Noxus once again.
Sion emerged from the reanimation process even more brutal than before. His gaze alone would now stop foes dead in their tracks. His skin thickened considerably, increasing the amount of damage the already brutish beast could withstand. He could focus his rage into attacks that cause near-crippling damage at the expense of his own health. Finally, he could drain the very essence of life out of his foes, replenishing himself and his allies. The one thing, however, that the Noxian necromancers did not anticipate upon reanimation was Sion's change of loyalty; his new powers have given Sion a desire to seek his own glory in undeath as a champion of the Institute of War.

----------

Stats:

X Health 473 (+104 / per level)
X Mana 175 (+25 / per level)
X Move Speed 310
X Armor 17.75 (+3.25 / per level)
X Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
X Critical Strike 2.2 (+0.3 / per level)
X Health Regen 1.62 (+0.2 / per level)
X Mana Regen 0.76 (+0.04 / per level)
X Range 125

----------

Skills:

Feel No Pain - Sion has a 20% chance to ignore up to 30/40/50 damage each time he is attacked. The damage reduction is calculated before armor benefits are taken into account.

Cryptic Gaze - Sion's stare terrifies a single enemy, dealing damage and stunning them.
Blasts a single enemy, dealing 70 / 125 / 180 / 240 / 300 (+1 per ability power) magic damage and stunning for 2 seconds.
Cooldown: 12 seconds
Cost: 120 Mana
Range: 550

Death's Caress - Sion surrounds himself with a damage absorbing shield. If the shield is not destroyed in 10 seconds then it will explode, dealing damage to surrounding enemies.
Sion surrounds himself with a shield which absorbs 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 / 320 (+1 per ability power) damage. If the shield is not destroyed in 10 seconds, it will explode, dealing 120 / 170 / 220 / 270 / 320 (+1 per ability power) magic damage to surrounding enemies.
Cast again to manually detonate.
Cooldown: 2 seconds
Cost: 50 / 65 / 80 / 95 / 110 Mana
Range: 1

Enrage - While active Sion deals extra physical damage at the cost of health. Additionally, he gains maximum health permanently whenever he kills a unit.
Toggle: Increase Sion's damage by 25 / 35 / 45 / 55 / 65, and he gains 1 / 2 / 2 / 3 / 3 maximum health per kill.
Cooldown: 0 seconds
Cost: 6 / 8 / 10 / 12 / 14 Health

Cannibalism - Sion consumes some of his enemies life force on each attack, leeching health to himself and nearby allies. The smell of flesh also renews Sion's fervor, increasing his attack speed.
Grants Sion 50 / 75 / 100% lifesteal and 50% attack speed for 20 seconds, additionally Sion's attacks heal surrounding allies for 25 / 38 / 50% of damage dealt.
Cooldown: 90 seconds
Cost: 100 Mana

----------

Items:

Initial Buy: Sapphire Crystal , 2 Health Potions.

1. Sheen.
2. Boots Of Speed.
3. Sorceror's Shoes ( Boots of Speed.).
4. Mejai's Soulstealer.
5. Lich Bane ( Sheen ).
6.Rylai's Scepter / Zhonya's Ring.
7.Zhonya's Ring / Rylai's Scepter.

Eventually:

1.Lich Bane.
2.Sorceror's Shoes.
3.Mejai's Soulstealer.
4.Rylai Scepter
5.Zhonya's Ring.

I Usually just get Rylai Scepter if im having a hard time getting kills as far as survivability goes. if im doing fine ill take Zhonya's Ring. After my 'eventually' list i will take some elixers. although i doubt you will get the 5th item before the game is over.
Sometimes i take a Elixer of Brilliance when i really need it and i know ill get something out of it. but that's up to you. just dont overdo it.

----------

Skills:

1.Enrage.
2.Death Carress.
3.Cryptic Gaze.

Now i find it important to start like this.
From here Death Caress has the priority. ( Defense + Nuke what more do you want?! )
Then Cryptic Gaze ( lvl 1 stun is enough focus on Death Caress. )
Get Cannibalism when it is up at lvl 6.
When Cannabalism is up at lvl 6 leave it there. Some will say im totally nuts, but as i play i am a nuker, im not there to stick around.
Max Death Caress first. Then Cryptic Gaze.
then keep adding into Cannabalism untill Enrage is last to max.

Enrage is nice to help you get that extra damage and to get that permanent health. but as you go to lvl 2, it will earn you 0.5 hp more and at lvl 3, 1 hp more per kill. now as you progress in leveling, your enemys are to, so i like to max my nukes because my enemy's aren't getting weaker, doing this in my opinion will result in faster killing. i might lose like 40-100hp more in the long run but at the cost of losing some hp i will get more dmg output early on and that is where i rely on.
And the enrage is handy when you start of for the extra damage, but after that you mostly rely on your nukes.If you go to heavy on Enrage on early stages you will lose to many health just by hitting. ( + i will get it eventually )

----------

My Playstyle:

When Laning, i find Death Carress the skill to get. but i do want to have the dmg and extra hp from every kill, so i tick Enrage first. (And it doesn't really have an infleunce on what skill you get first since you lvl up the second wave of minions. )
As soon as i have Death Carress i will dominate a lane, after i pressed the skill, i wait till it able to be detonated, but i will still be to far away for champions to hit me. as soon as i charge in i will go for the champion ( whoever is there ), if he isn't within reach i will detonate myself near the Minions. and retreat if the champion didn't run.

The reason i do this is because, after a few attempts they will know i am out to get them, and they will retreat as soon as they see my Death Carress go up resulting in total domination within that lane when i reach lvl 2.
Now that my Death Caress takes out them minions for nearly 2/4th / 3/4th of their health i can farm some cash and some serious fast xp.
Which result in a fast lvl 3, so i can take out my Cryptic Gaze and start hunting.

Now i will not just Death Caress into the minions with every chance i get. i will wait patiently untill a champion is near and i will Death Caress, Run in, Cryptic Gaze them, and detonate myself at their location. but detonate near minions as you see you will not
make it, so you didn't waste the mana for nothing.

Now there is one issue any Sion will deal with, and that is mana.
I will always carry Clarify as i find it a musthave in early stages. the mana provided from the start in combination with my Mana Gem and Clarify will let me last untill lvl 6 being aggresive as i am, and the health potions i bring along will counter some troubleshooting.

At lvl 6 i will head to base, grab my Sheen ( or the tome for it depending on my current cash, although i never really had a problem ) and head out for the golem.

How i Kill the Golem.
1. Run in with Death Caress.
2. Cryptic Gaze it.
3. Activate Cannabalism.
4. Detonate the Death Caress.
5. Cryptic Gaze it again when ready, and hit the last few Healthpoints of.

Some will say that is overdoing it.. but i like to just nuke it and carry on, on what i was doing and taking unnessesary dmg is stupid since the mana will regain and your health will not. now that i have the golem runes i can just go ahead and stay aggressive in a lane without having mana issues. ( Boosted Mana, with regeneration, and Clarify. )

When i totally pushed a lane together with a lane buddy ( or alone ) at the point where i hit their turret, i make a decission.

Are my Mates in other lane doing fine?
a) Yes, then ill keep putting pressure on the current lane im in.
b) NO, then i will run out my lane and help a mate.
( Run trough the Jungle, have you Death Caress ready, pop it when your about to go in their visual sight and Cryptic Gaze them, Detonate the Death Caress as soon as your hugging his leg which will result in a nice damage output which in most cases will nearly kill them and ill solo him. but as i said im there to help a teammate so hes there and i will inform him as i run towards his lane so he will help me get them last few bars off. )

Keep taking this stradigy into mind as your lane is fine, because everytime your dominating one lane, and another is getting overrun it will result in you ( or a buddy )
having to bluepill and run over to help on an unfortunate moment of your laning. Keeping the pressure on all lanes is the way to go in my opinion.
Now im not saying how you should play, but as im writing this guide about how i play, find it essential to go and run around for ganks in other lanes. this will result in having a few extra kills which equals cash flow and some expierience which you need since you are running out of your lane and miss some expierience.

Now that early game is set.. you will most likely got some nice kills or atleast some assists that made you stronger and your about lvl 8-9.
Keep killing them golems for your mana, and if you feel like it take out the lizard but that's just a little bonus that's up to you. i mostly do it if i find a time gap
i can do it in.( like pushing a lane back towards the opposition and run for the lizard, and get back before the minions reach your turret.)
And keep getting your items in the order as the cash lets you.

Now that your a potential killing machine doesnt mean you can now run in recklessly into some champions and get away with it. Find some champions wandering off, or call for ganks. As soon as an outer turret falls, help with other lanes to get all outer turrets.
When all those outer turrets are down, you can now call for pushes and head on in, don't be a hero but dont be afraid to sarifice your shield to help a teammate, or to head in their first doing your nuke and retreating. Rest is really up to you, Practice with it and see your oppertunitys but also see the ones you cant make by judging what items the enemy has and what level they are, and if they are new/average/pro.

Just remember that the shield is your best friend.. use it wisely.

Leave a Comment, Note, or Thanks.
Thank you for reading.

( Sorry for my English )
Roy. Aka Hands Of Time.