Twisted Treeline Solo Queue. Top 10 ideas for a better Win Ratio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

K3L4D0R

01-06-2011

Excellent Guide Exqzr. I will be making sure a few of my friends read this. It is sad how many people I have seen like the pantheon you mentioned and worse. It never ceases to amaze me how many people dont want to work with you or take advice even when you are on the same team working towards the same goal. Also some people may think number one isnt that big a deal but I have had some fantastic games in solo que just by getting positive communication started off early.

bluekn1ght

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSmashBunnies View Post
You know you can hit the TAB key for a list of Summoner Spells, right?
Oh I know that. Does it also show if they're on CD (that's more of what I was referring to)? If it does, that's something new to me!

Captain Alejo

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluekn1ght View Post
Oh I know that. Does it also show if they're on CD? If it does, that's something new to me!
No. There's no way of knowing the current CD of your enemies' skills unless you ask.

Exqzr

01-06-2011

True you can check summoner spells at anytime.

But, you wont have the time to check it during a fight. I suggested writing them down so they are right beside you at all times for an instant check without having to leave the screen. Overcautious? maybe... and also you cant count on your mates to have the same awareness as you do.

seajaydub

01-06-2011

Just some more info on "kill-stealing" for you guys. It isn't that it doesn't matter in a team, it's that in LoL, it's actually rewarded. The way to get THE MOST team for the gold is to have one person deal 99% of a champion's health and have a teammate deal the final 1 damage. Here's how it works. In LoL, there are two gold pools: a kill pool and an assist pool. The assist pool is based off of 70% of the kill pool and is split between teammates based on how much damage they did. That's all fine and dandy, but here's the kicker: the kill pool is a fixed amount and does not depend on how much damage you did. The kill pool is 300 gold and decreases or increases depending on how many kills the other champion is getting. This is a pre-determined amount. What all of this tells you is that they way to get the very most out of each kill is to have one person deal all except 1 damage to an enemy and have another finish it. This way the person that did the 99% damage will get the full value of the assist pool and the "kill-stealer" will get the full value of the kill pool, a whopping 170% credit for the team.

Exqzr

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by seajaydub View Post
Just some more info on "kill-stealing" for you guys. It isn't that it doesn't matter in a team, it's that in LoL, it's actually rewarded.
Excellent insight Seajay,

I would to suggest a concept known as "Kill Sharing". Which is where what you described occurs with the blessing of your team mates or on your initiative.

Essentially, if you are 5 and 1 and your team mate is 1 and 1 is it better to give him the kill and you get the assist? I think so. So you rush in soak up the damage, burst the enemy down and back off, letting your mate finish.

The risk of course is that the kill never happens, your mate can't finish and the opponent makes an escape. But timed right and with the right communication, it could work.

The Philologist

01-06-2011

Brava, excellent post I hope to heaven people will read this, Ide even go as far as to say sticky it as it would do SO MANY PEOPLE alot of good.

I know im guilty of these things myself from time to time but I DO ( I swear ) make an effort to do all this stuff. The feeling one gets when everyone (including the enemy team) says "GL HF" at the beginning is amazing "Thank Heaven this game is going to be civilized and hence fun even if we lose".

Fighting to the bitter end also, excellent point. I cant believe how many ppl start a surrender vote 20 minutes into the game for no apparent reason or because the other team has more kills even though we have taken their towers. Im proud to say I have NEVER started a surrender vote lol.

Excellent info on the KS, always wondered on the exact mechanics.

Tarkenn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2011

I like your approach to the game. Keeping friendly with your teammates plays such a large role in 3v3s. Good read.

Omesh

04-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqzr View Post
5. Wards Win.

Short but critical topic. We've all heard this before and in a premade game, the team members will take turns keeping a ward up. In Solo Queue, no one wants to do this. Wards are critical and if you want to win, you have to buy them. I suggest leading by example here, buying the first ward as soon as you can or get wriggles. Then, say "I bought the first ward, you get the next." Be the quarterback for ward placement and you'll always be a step ahead of the opposing team.
I supported this guide the moment I read it, but I didn't feel compelled to comment until today due to a streak of games where my teammates almost universally flat-out refused to buy wards. Little irks me more about solo queuing on Twisted Treeline than this (except for eager beavers who are too enthusiastic about trying to gank early on). The general response I get is either nothing, or "I need the gold for my build".

I admit that I'm kind of spoiled since my main champ of choice, Singed, isn't gold-greedy and can farm in his sleep, but it's not as though the 75 per Ward wouldn't be put toward making myself tankier. I don't buy this excuse. If you can kill a few minions without breaking a sweat, you can afford to help with Wards. Period. I can look past this excuse if you're literally 75 gold away from your staple, play-no-game-without-it item, but until then, you can certainly afford to help with map control. I almost always buy a ward as soon as I have Catalyst and Boots of Swiftness, sometimes doing so before I have BoSw.

The worst are those who combine the Ward irk with the Happy Ganker irk, running blindly into the jungle against Mundo, Nocturne, and Shaco and getting their s**t ruined. Well, if you'd helped Ward the jungle, you'd have known that that was coming, right?

No one is more noobish than the person who thinks buying Wards is for everyone else but not them.

ZO KidKaiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-05-2011

Props bruh ^^