Ziggs - Tear of the Goddess?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alamandaros

02-01-2012

Just played my first game as Ziggs and even though he only has one real spammable spell, I found his mana pool to be rather low late in the game. Moreover if I was spamming Q on cooldown to poke (late game), I was getting really low on mana without the blue.

Just wondering if other people think rushing a Tear first (AA later obv) would solve the low mana issue, or if I'm just being overactive on spamming Q.

SFHFWill

02-01-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1775676 Read there man.

I've won 3 unmatched games with him so far and no mana problems after I get ArcStaff. I do not know him enough to do ranked matches however.

So hopefully that link helps you out. Post your build as well.

Cenerae

02-01-2012

Why not just get a RoA if you need a bigger mana pool? It also makes you tanky and doesn't take forever to charge up like an AA does. And Catalyst trumps Tear early game by miles.

SFHFWill

02-01-2012

AA owns RoA for Zigg. You get a bigger mana bool and higher MP5. It also synergizes will with other items, RoA doesn't. It's a great item and I use it on Anivia but I do not like it on Ziggs.

ViashinoWizard

02-01-2012

Ziggs has less mana problems than Brand, and those he has are solved by some flat mana regen seals. Buying Tear on him just delays your damage. AA Staff is a bad early game item because it requires a very large mana pool to be cost effective, which you won't have until a while later.

2 Doran's Rings and a Deathcap rush give you plenty of mana regen and a lot more damage than an early game Archangel's, not to mention 200 HP.

And yes, you're probably spamming Q too much.

Chaoticon

02-01-2012

2 dorans ring doesn't work on ziggs. His mana costs are 100 for 2-4 second cd Q spam. Unless he is spamming Q he will lose.

ViashinoWizard

02-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaoticon View Post
2 dorans ring doesn't work on ziggs. His mana costs are 100 for 2-4 second cd Q spam. Unless he is spamming Q he will lose.
Ziggs should not be spamming Q that often. Either he's already killed the enemy laner or zoned them out.

Mambazo

02-01-2012

lets talk about ziggs in 2 weeks, when they nerf him HARD. just played my first game with him and was astounded. his damage combined with his range is just.... way too much. And satchel is an amazing escape.

Locke107

02-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mambazo View Post
lets talk about ziggs in 2 weeks, when they nerf him HARD. just played my first game with him and was astounded. his damage combined with his range is just.... way too much. And satchel is an amazing escape.
He won't get nerfed for two reasons.

1) He's all skillshots. That alone makes him a Cass-like skill based Champ.
2) Riot is trying to gear champions in the "skillshot" direction. That way fed champs still have to land their attacks to dominate instead of point/click too much armor/MR I can't die tanky-dps.

acosn

02-03-2012

Ziggs, like every other mana dependent AP mid, is supposed to be built assuming you're getting blue every time it's up.

ToG is a bad item on him, as is rushing AA. You won't max it out till 30 minutes into the game, and that's assuming you can keep a **** high rate of spell casting.