The mid-late game roaming phase.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rockpops

02-02-2012

I feel really lost here. Im not exactly sure what i should be doing at any given time. I feel like this isn't discussed enough among players. I see people doing all kinds of things.

Pushing lanes, farming lanes, ganking lanes, securing PVE objectives, two teams having a mexican stand-off of sorts where nobody is willing to lose the advantage of having a team fight break out on their tower as opposed to the enemies.

With the massive amount of options, im just kind of overwhelmed and have no real sense of what i should be doing. I mean obviously, i have to kill towers and the nexus and all that, but it isn't that simple. Are people just as lost as i am? Maybe im overthinking it, but it seems like a disorganized mess, i think it could be much more optimized. I see teams who lane amazingly and simply don't find a way to exploit their advantage and end up making a game longer than it should be or outright losing the game.

Rockpops

02-03-2012

Bump.

Hughes De Payens

02-03-2012

I main an AD Carry. Usually Caitlyn, so this is from that perspective.

What I usually do is clear out jungle creeps and farm lanes that are pushed while sticking as close to where a teamfight might break out any given moment, and making sure we've got map control in the area I'm hanging out in so I don't get ganked. If I die, the rest of the team is going to lose the teamfight, so it's very important to try to avoid that, but it's also important to keep farming and getting even more items so when the fight does break out, you're doing as much dmg as possible.

I can't really speak for other roles, though. AP Carries can do the same thing, I guess.

Amatzikahni

02-03-2012

If your presence can win a fight, then be with your team. If not, then either farm, secure objectives, bait, or obtain map control (ward, roam, ward hunt). If the lack of your presence will make your team lose a fight, then be there. If not, then farm/objectives/etc (same as before). If no fights are forming and you can take them 5v5, gather your team and force objectives; if you can't win, stay spread and continue to farm/lane until they group up.