Kayle as DPS

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quantum Reaper

01-03-2010

Just a general question about Kayle being played as a DPS.

I was wondering which would be more viable itemization build for Kayle. Whether it be stacking ability power so reckoning does a ton or simply going for pure attack power to boost her damage. I've had sucess in both but would like to see what others think about this :O

Thanks

jermstuddog

01-03-2010

I would say her emphasis should be on ability power as it affects all her skills except her ult.

Her secondary stats would be CDR to 40% and as much attack speed as possible.

This way you can spam Reckoning even harder and you still gain .3 AP to your auto attack damage when it matters.

Basilisk9466

01-03-2010

AP would be my instinct also, although some items benefit both (Guinsoo's, Nashor's). More healing, more damage for the nuke, more damage for Righteous Fury. The one exception I would note is Tiamat - it's an excellent item for either build (more splash and more damage when using Righteous Fury).

As an aside, with maxed out CDR, it's entirely possible to have Fury up more often than not, so barring mana problems, at high levels she almost turns into a ranged champ instead of a melee one.

WesleyC

01-03-2010

AP Kayle is great. Specifically, Sheen and eventually Lich Bane are very strong on her as you cast a spell to activate it almost every 3 seconds in a team fight.

I've written an AP Kayle Guide here:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=39409