How to kill golem at level 1?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnikanRowdower

01-02-2010

In alot of posts I read that killing the golem for the buff is a must for some characters. Well maybe not a must, but they recommend it.

I can never solo it, am I missing something?

I normally, as evelynn at level 1, smite, ignite, hate spike x 324234.

This absolutely never works, am I missing something?

Xirus

01-02-2010

The classic functional fixedness trap! Anyway, it's a team game. Some characters can solo the golem at level one, but instead get whoever is laning with you to help kill the golem before they head to their lane. You should be able to down it before your minions get to the end. Optionally, the centre solo character can help you three man it. Edit: This has the additional bonus of giving a bit of experience to your laning partner. Just keep in mind that whoever is tanking the golem will be damaged afterwards, so will likely have to catch up via potions.

Simcow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

eve will not be able to solo golem at level 1. At level 5 its fairly hard to solo golem still (although very feasable if youaresure you won't be attacked by the opposing team during it)

Of course i have yet to spec full +AP flat runes for eve to see if its possible, but the fact the golem still has high health when I was forced to retreat was enough to say its not plausible as eve.

Gaeb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnikanRowdower View Post
I can never solo it, am I missing something?

I normally, as evelynn at level 1, smite, ignite, hate spike x 324234.

This absolutely never works, am I missing something?
I'd try cloth armor, healpotx3, rally&smite. Even so, I wouldn't bet Eve can handle it.
Ed: I was wrong. Handled it NP. Didn't even need rally.

I have +60HP from Quints and +7.5 Mpen from Marks, and I don't have improved smite, but 21 in offense tree.

Gaeb

01-02-2010

Further info: Doran's shield + health pot + smite = win.

Used my level 8 smurf account with 0 runes & 0 masteries, so this can be done by anyone.

Bait

01-02-2010

OR you could just ask your allies for help like everybody else. that way you don't lose so much hp.

if you didn't know, high elo players ask their allies for help. whether it's possible or not is irrelevant.

Gaeb

01-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bait View Post
whether it's possible or not is irrelevant.
Er, quite the reverse, it's what the OP asked.

As for higher ELO games, there's a tremendous difference in the teamwork aspect

Epistemic

Recruiter

01-02-2010

Last time I asked my teammates for help with golem I was yelled at for wanting it.

Bait

01-03-2010

we do things differently in high elo. if you don't come to golem/liz we eat your heads off.

p.s. then we die a little inside from feeling noob because we were matched with such players.

Ksielvin

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epistemic View Post
Last time I asked my teammates for help with golem I was yelled at for wanting it.
They may have thought Eve is an auto attack champion. Hate Spike spam looks like an attack toggle.