Tryndamere, That guy you could never gank!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LolFace

01-02-2010

This is my Tryndamere guide and i hope you like it.

First, Meeting our friend, Tryndamere.

There are those who choose not to live in one of the great city-states of Valoran. Instead, they live their lives in small villages or nomadic tribes. There are most certainly perils in these untamed lands, but there are also great freedoms that come from being removed from the politics of Runeterra. Tryndamere was born a member of one of these nomadic tribes, a large child of surprising strength. One year, as his clan moved south between the Howling Marsh and the Ironspike Mountains, they came across strangers in black garb. The elder went out to speak with them, but they cut him down mercilessly. They then began the slaughter of every man, woman, and child in the clan. Tryndamere, the sole survivor, hid under the dead bodies of his parents, swearing vengeance on those who took his people from him - the assassins of Noxus. He has since joined the League of Legends to bring honor to the memory of his people and to slake his rage on the champions of his hated foes.
''Beware of Tryndamere! His sword appeases the hunger of the soul-devouring dead.''

I'm going to start off my guide with an item build, I have found this build effective every time i play. It ultimately makes you rock with your magic looking sword.

First we start off with a Regrowth Pedant.
this item speaks for itself, Tryndamere, being the most health dependant character in the game. (And if you've played with/against/on him, you will know this, and know it well. Also, will be sold later for space.

Now we get Beserker's Greaves,
This is just purely for movement speed and attack speed.

Next item is a Excecutioner's Calling.
I feel as if this item was MADE for tryndamere, (Just as Warmogs was made for mundo.) It has life steal, (Greatly needed) and crit chance (Greatly needed) and the posion and helath regeneration decrease on enemies isn't bad either. (I've gotten a low health veigar once with the excecutionor's posion XD)

The last speak for themselves and REALLY do not need to be explained.

(In this order)

Phantom Dancer (You sell the Regrowth Pedant after building this.)
Infinity's Edgex2
Phantom Dancer

So what you are left with is...

-Beserker's Greaves
-Excecutioner's Calling(Can be upgraded to bloodthirster if game lasts that long)
-Phantom Dancer
-Infinity's Edgex2
-Phantom Dancer

Now comes my ablility build.

-Spinning Slash
-Bloodlust
-Spinning Slash
-Bloodlust
-Mocking Shout
-Undying Rage
-Spinning Slash
-Bloodlust
-Spinning Slash
-Bloodlust
-Undying Rage
-Spinning Slash
-Bloodlust
-Mocking Shout
-Mocking Shout
-Undying Rage
-Mocking Shout
-Mocking Shout

These are my ability stratagies.

Spinning Slash is your bread and butter, it's your farming ability, it's your initiating ability, your champion last hitting ability, and your escaping ability.

Mocking Shout is one of the most compatible ability for almost any situation, It's great in team fights and 1v1 fights because the damage reduction is rediculous, It's also good when your team has won a team fight and is chasing that fleeing character. because it slows people when they are looking away, making it the most compatible ability in the game.

Bloodlust is very good. Many people choose to level it up later, but I hate that. It doesn't bring the full potential of it's healing power and damage. Probably one of the BEST early game abilities, because it is also a double header like Mocking Shout, While you are in battle the damage and extra crit damage is good, and the heal is great for the staying power in your lane, the heal mixed with Regrowth Pedant makes you dominate your lane because of the crazy heal/regeneration combo is rediculous.

Undying Rage is probably the most annoying ult in the game. Being unkillible is rediculously good, especially mixed with his passive, which makes you crit more while you have lower health, it's a great escape mechonism, and it's a great 1v1 ability. This ult makes him the hardest person in the game to gank by far.

My mastery build is 22/0/8, only 8 in the utility section because all you really need is the increased xp intake and the shorter death time. Anything else isn't very good at all.

For my Rune build I go Armor Penetration for reds, and all crit damage for every thing else.

I think i've put every thing that you need out there, so feel free to comment. And please dont get off topic. (Comment's like "Your grammar sucks" and things like that, that end up in 2 pages full of raging, flaming, name calling, un-fun guide ruining madness.) Feel free to post suggestions and other things, (Builds, suggestions, ect...) I will answer all your questions and stuff when I can.

So there is only one more thing to say.

LolFace, Out!

lobsterzilla

01-02-2010

no phage? you count on mocking shout lev 1 to slow people ? or are you just group dependent.

Purutzil

01-02-2010

Try is one of the heroes that doesn't really need a slow. Personally I focus on getting the slow buff myself. Phage is one of the last things I go for considering how fast Try can focus down a hero specially if built right. Mocking does good enough job specially if you get exhaust and have his Spinning Slash to catch up.

Now then I would say I do not like this build at all. Item build wise its a waste to have 2 infinite edge since the bonus doesn't stack and the crit by that point is high enough. It takes to much money and just isn't worth it.

Skill wise Spinning Slash damage just doesn't add up and justify losing out on mocking shout in lower levels. Going for 1 in spinning slash does fine and then having the rest count to bloodlust (life steal and more damage) and then mocking shout (a slow AND raw damage reduction, perfect against carries.

Either way to each his own I suppose build wise. I don't agree with this build for many of the different areas but it can work to some degree.

Klazzix

01-02-2010

Overkill on critical chance items, all you need is one IE and one PD. The bonus you get from Bloodlust if someone can do the math, is more efficient if you stack damage items.

Sad Faced Panda

01-02-2010

Exec + PD + Inf + Basic crit = 75% + passive = 100%

Get a bloodthirster and blackcleaver in place of those and you'll be a much happier fellow with more life steal and massively harder hits/crits.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-02-2010

you don't need phage. you can just do liz.

Pieceofcandy

01-02-2010

I lol'd at 2x Infinity's Edge.

JerrinTZ

01-03-2010

I don't see why you would get a regrowth pendant first, it just delays your time to carry. Get the first half of the executioner's calling (Vampiric Scepter) first. Works really well for me.

The other thing I would recommend is don't go straight Phantom Dancer. Build the first part (Zeal), then get some damage(which will turn into Infinity's Edge later), then go back to finishing the Dancer, then go back to finishing IE.

LolFace

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazzix View Post
Overkill on critical chance items, all you need is one IE and one PD. The bonus you get from Bloodlust if someone can do the math, is more efficient if you stack damage items.
Look, try the build before you don't like it, I think you'll be surprised how well it works, I find that trynd is the most crit dependant character in the game. A lot of people think that 2 infinity's are bad, but think for one moment. Crit chance + 80 damage.

I think that's too good to not stack just a lil, and like I said, sell the excecutioners later for a bloodthirster. But, if you really follow the guide and play well, this build will work for you.

Also, you dont need early PD items, bloodlust is enough to pull you through (Trust me)

This is a reply to all.

(P.S Try it before you don't like it!)

LolFace

01-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrin View Post
I don't see why you would get a regrowth pendant first, it just delays your time to carry. Get the first half of the executioner's calling (Vampiric Scepter) first. Works really well for me.

The other thing I would recommend is don't go straight Phantom Dancer. Build the first part (Zeal), then get some damage(which will turn into Infinity's Edge later), then go back to finishing the Dancer, then go back to finishing IE.
Regrowth Pedant is better.

Period.

You have 150 hp because you just got away from a gank.

There's no going back there.

You need health.

Oh boy.

That's right.

Wait one minute and your pedant will have you back to half health in no time.

Try it before you don't like it.

I remember that being told to me about nasty foods.

It should imply on builds too.

(Even if the build looks nasty.)